• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with build!

X-RAY.DL

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2021
Oklahoma City
I am a total novice to this. One of my buddies wants me to get into long distance shooting, and I’ve always wanted a bolt gun. So, here’s what I’ve been putting together - my question is if it will work (reliably), or if I need to rethink some things.

Accuracy International AICS AX Long-Action (.300 Win Mag) Chassis w/ Surgeon 1086 Long-Action (.473 bolt face) I have ordered a 30” Remage Criterion chambered in .260 Remington Match, but the lead time is long enough I can change it if it comes down to it.

I had planned on running .260 Remington (same caliber he runs, so we can hand-load together), but the COAL of a .260, even some of the longer loadings, is quite a bit shorter than the AICS long-action magazines. Since it’s a bolt gun, I’m not sure that it would matter much?

Or would I be better off running like .270 or something a bit longer, and just loading my own rounds?

Rifle is for flirting with F-Class (I don’t care to be competitive, but shooting that distance would be fun), possibly light deer-hunting, and something useful for long-distance SHTF.

Any advice is appreciated.

I have some Preferred Barrels in Sendero Profile 6.5mm 8 twist 5R in stock, or Lilja #8 Contours 6.5mm 3 groove 8 twist both stainless. I could get either one going in a rem-age for you 6.5 CM or .260 Rem. If you want to send me that action I'll get it spun up and shouldered.
260 will probably feed better in that AICS mag unless you modify it for 6.5 CM There is also 6.5-284! Check out my website www.fishertandc.com

I am a total novice to this. One of my buddies wants me to get into long distance shooting, and I’ve always wanted a bolt gun. So, here’s what I’ve been putting together - my question is if it will work (reliably), or if I need to rethink some things.

Accuracy International AICS AX Long-Action (.300 Win Mag) Chassis w/ Surgeon 1086 Long-Action (.473 bolt face) I have ordered a 30” Remage Criterion chambered in .260 Remington Match, but the lead time is long enough I can change it if it comes down to it.

I had planned on running .260 Remington (same caliber he runs, so we can hand-load together), but the COAL of a .260, even some of the longer loadings, is quite a bit shorter than the AICS long-action magazines. Since it’s a bolt gun, I’m not sure that it would matter much?

Or would I be better off running like .270 or something a bit longer, and just loading my own rounds?

Rifle is for flirting with F-Class (I don’t care to be competitive, but shooting that distance would be fun), possibly light deer-hunting, and something useful for long-distance SHTF.

Any advice is appreciated.
Forgot to hit reply