• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with Larue PredatAR 308 Problems surpressed and Trigger question

Yall don't blow my ass up on this remember im not a AR expert here, but if i look into this grendel-type small frame. Am i going to still be dealing with function problems with the silencerco cans to mount to anything out of the normal or are the small frame guns that much more easier going on the gas side. Also anything like feeding issues etc. Im asking because i had to do some specific things for my daughter on her bolt gun as a Dasher to make it feed correctly, that was another one of those learning experiences

Unfortunately the sad reality is that suppressors generally cause more problems than their worth but if you build or buy a 6.5G or 6ARC, just buy H2 or H3 Buffer, Sprinco Buffer Spring, Full Mass Carrier, and a adjustable Gas Block and you'll be fine.

My 2 6.5 Grendels both function equally well with or without a can. One wears a thunderchicken pretty much full time. (I mention the can specifically as it is reported to be a high back pressure can, ill-suited for semi auto use.) It might be a touch overgassed with the can, but throws the brass into about a 3 sqft area, at 3 o’clock. It loads, ejects, fires, locks back on empty, and is sub moa with or without the can, without adjusting the gas block. The other no longer wears a can as I decided that it (a can) was more trouble than it is worth for PRS events. But, when I did use a supressor with it, I had the same experience.

Is the 6 arc better? IDK. I’m invested in the Grendel. And, 6 arc ammo is still not on the shelves around here, while I can sporadically find Grendel. If you don’t reload, ammo availability should be a factor in the equation.

Reactions: Jsp556
To me its a little personal preference. I run Jewels on almost 10 bolt rifles that i've done load development for. Set from 4oz and up but really never any higher than 1.5lbs for example on my moms 6.5-284 or daughters Dasher.

I have the Triggertech Diamond 1.5-4lb adjustable and for an AR which im not shooting precision with they are a very relatable feel because im used to a Jewel. Im not saying they are eqaul triggers, Im just saying this Larue factory trigger has a long pull travel then hits a clean break. Im just not used to it and prefer the triggertech feel.

Something else I'd take a hard look at if you don't mind a 3.5lb pull weight is the new Triggertech Duty triggers that come in single and two stage and is basically the same price as the MBT. The pull weight is not only a full pound less but it's just as clean as the more expensive Triggertech options, comparing the MBT to the TT Duty is no contest the TT Duty is better in every way.

Check out Battlehawk Armory.
Screenshot_20230908_205654_Chrome.jpg

Aren't you banned from ar15.com too? For this same pathetic behavior?
I believe you are confusing @bigjake83 with Mark Larue. Only difference is, Mark is banned from the Hide as well. LMAO!!!

Anyhow, I have a gentleman on here who would like to trade me one of my rifles for his PredatOBR, but the blown out brass from the XTRAXN chamber was a concern for me, so I have abstained. This potential trade, which was very recent, sent me down the XTRAXN chamber research road, so some of my info is just from memory from years ago, but some of my information is relatively new.

Do you have a Larue rifle that has been chambered in the past few years? From my understanding of XTRAXN, it started out okay, but the fluting seemed to become more aggressive as years passed. Essentially, and again, IIRC, early XTRAXN chambers could still get a couple of reload cycles through them before that brass went TU.

If you could upload a few videos, including you measuring pre-fired brass, then you firing that brass and measuring it right away, that would help allay my concerns.

My concern is that @bigjake83 sees the XTRAXN as a significant problem, and when he attempted to address it with Larue, they told him that these rifles were not to meant to be reloaded for (correct me if I'm wrong, Jake). And it's not just Jake's experience (although I trust him more than 99.9% of others), but this has been a relatively common complaint with this XTRAXN deal for the past several years. Looking at the patent for it, the dimensions, etc...it appears to be an absolutely valid concern. Then again, I'm no gunsmith, and sure as shit ain't a machinist, so I'm welcome to be wrong.

Much appreciated.

Reactions: bigjake83
I believe you are confusing @bigjake83 with Mark Larue. Only difference is, Mark is banned from the Hide as well. LMAO!!!

Anyhow, I have a gentleman on here who would like to trade me one of my rifles for his PredatOBR, but the blown out brass from the XTRAXN chamber was a concern for me, so I have abstained. This potential trade, which was very recent, sent me down the XTRAXN chamber research road, so some of my info is just from memory from years ago, but some of my information is relatively new.

Do you have a Larue rifle that has been chambered in the past few years? From my understanding of XTRAXN, it started out okay, but the fluting seemed to become more aggressive as years passed. Essentially, and again, IIRC, early XTRAXN chambers could still get a couple of reload cycles through them before that brass went TU.

If you could upload a few videos, including you measuring pre-fired brass, then you firing that brass and measuring it right away, that would help allay my concerns.

My concern is that @bigjake83 sees the XTRAXN as a significant problem, and when he attempted to address it with Larue, they told him that these rifles were not to meant to be reloaded for (correct me if I'm wrong, Jake). And it's not just Jake's experience (although I trust him more than 99.9% of others), but this has been a relatively common complaint with this XTRAXN deal for the past several years. Looking at the patent for it, the dimensions, etc...it appears to be an absolutely valid concern. Then again, I'm no gunsmith, and sure as shit ain't a machinist, so I'm welcome to be wrong.

Much appreciated.

That about sums it up.... predominantly most of the issues are in .308

I'm at the point now I don't even test any of the Larue barrels that come my way. And if I do keep any it's just to run surplus ammo through which obviously I have no intention of reloading those cases anyway.

I hope the OP trys to resizing some of his FF brass, it sounds like his rifle is pretty new so I think everybody would like to know whether or not the issues have been resolved or not.

My larue and PTR 91 brass reloaded fine, I wonder if some of them leave the Larue Cracker Factory with oversized chambers which leads to brass sizing issues.

As for his rifles I wouldn't say no to a good deal on a 16" 308. Always wanted a 16" old style OBR but not for 4000 bucks :ROFLMAO:

My larue and PTR 91 brass reloaded fine, I wonder if some of them leave the Larue Cracker Factory with oversized chambers which leads to brass sizing issues.

As for his rifles I wouldn't say no to a good deal on a 16" 308. Always wanted a 16" old style OBR but not for 4000 bucks :ROFLMAO:

What year and model is your LaRue?

I don't remember, bought it used maybe 3? years ago and sold it several months later to a guy that had a prdatar 223 and wanted a matching 308. Pretty sure I sold it for 2500$. The 18" barrel kinda bugged me I like a 16" better.

View attachment 8223760

It's definitely one of the orders one's, you can tell by the off collar lower. Obviously the LW-50 Pre XTRAXN didn't have any issues and most of the earlier XTRAXN that still used LW-50 barrel blanks seem GTG for the most part, but his in house barrels... oh boy

Reactions: BCP
Larue doesn't disclose things that aren't incompatibility issues to begin with, you don't know how to use the word concentricity correctly so I'm not expecting you to understand that. You obviously have an anger issue, better to keep quiet than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Aren't you banned from ar15.com too? For this same pathetic behavior?

I resized hundreds and hundreds of pieces of brass in just the last week fired through xtraxn chambers without issue. Quit spewing lies, you are a liar.

Here is a sub half inch group from last week shot out of my tobr with larue barrel during load testing. And a couple 3 shot groups. Lots more where this came from.

View attachment 8221600
View attachment 8221601
View attachment 8221602
I also have a TOBR with XTRAXN chamber that I bought used several years ago. Not sure when it was produced. Only clue it has an AR Gold trigger. While I haven't be able to shoot half inch groups it usually shoots 5 shot 100 yard groups just under 1 moa using 168 SMK's. I' never had a problem full length resizing any of my brass shot from this XTRAXN chambered TOBR. However my OBR will usually shoot 5 shot 100 yard groups 0.6 moa using the same ammo.

Last edited:
I also have a TOBR with XTRAXN chamber that I bought used several years ago. Not sure when it was produced. Only clue it has an AR Gold trigger. While I haven't be able to shoot half inch groups it usually shoots 5 shot 100 yard groups just under 1 moa using 168 SMK's. I' never had a problem full length resizing any of my brass shot from this XTRAXN chambered TOBR. However my OBR will usually shoot 5 shot 100 yard groups 0.6 moa using the same ammo.

If it came with the AR Gold Trigger it's from 2013-2014.

Larue started with Geissele 2009, then somewhere around the end of 2013 switched to the AR gold and in late 2014 he introduced the MBT.

Like I said above if you track the rifles with the oversized chambers you'll see that they started popping up around 2014.

Last edited:
Ok guys, my Tar is a mid 2021 model.

complete no-go on resizing brass. I use redding dies for all my reloading, one pc it basically ruined the shoulders when it sized it and i barely could comfortably get the press down on it. the next pc of brass i was hesitant to clasp my press all the way down as i know i wasn't going to get that shell out of my die. Brass is trash coming out of that gun.

End of story on this. Im fixing to sell this rifle after reading on here i think i want to get some opinions on a a large caliber Small frame rifle like a 6.8 etc. with idea of then potentially moving into a 12" barrel... I only use this rifle for one thing, close range thermal hogs.

I'd like to stop on this thread before it gets way off topic im going to open another thread this afternoon with the couple guns i've found and get some advice and move on from this Larue.

thanks guys, standby for new thread.

Ok guys, my Tar is a mid 2021 model.

complete no-go on resizing brass. I use redding dies for all my reloading, one pc it basically ruined the shoulders when it sized it and i barely could comfortably get the press down on it. the next pc of brass i was hesitant to clasp my press all the way down as i know i wasn't going to get that shell out of my die. Brass is trash coming out of that gun.

End of story on this. Im fixing to sell this rifle after reading on here i think i want to get some opinions on a a large caliber Small frame rifle like a 6.8 etc. with idea of then potentially moving into a 12" barrel... I only use this rifle for one thing, close range thermal hogs.

I'd like to stop on this thread before it gets way off topic im going to open another thread this afternoon with the couple guns i've found and get some advice and move on from this Larue.

thanks guys, standby for new thread.

Thank you for taking the time to let us all know this is still an issue, sorry OP you had to learn the hard way.

If it came with the AR Gold Trigger it's from 2013-2014.

Larue started with Geissele 2009, then somewhere around the end of 2013 switched to the AR gold and in late 2014 he introduced the MBT.

Like I said above if you track the rifles with the oversized chambers you'll see that they started popping up around 2014.
Thanks for the 911 Bigjake83. Maybe that's why I've not had problem resizing any of my 308 brass.

Oh you got me, I missed used the word concentricity.. You need to remember you're on the Hide now so you can't pull that same bullshit and delete my post every time I shove real facts down your throat..

Nothing I've said in my above post is a lie and you know that!, I have no less than half a dozen LaRue .308 barrels in my spare parts/Junk pile that can prove that the fire formed brass from those oversized chambers are unusable.

I'd be more than happy to send @Molon a sample from each barrel to prove it. And the issues with the fire formed .308 brass from his in house barrels are well documented on several other forums.

here are just a few examples that I found in 10 minutes.

Nobody here gives a crap about some cherry picked groups that shot out of your AR15, this discussion here is about Larue .308 barrels!!

Furthermore what you and your LaRue groupies failed to mention because you're always so fixated on attacking anyone that says anything negative about LaRue is that there are several revisions ( have examples of several of them on hand) that LaRue has made to his .308 Xtraxn chamber, Some of the earlier Xtraxn Chambers do allow the FF .308 brass to be reloaded because the flutes in the chamber aren't as aggressive as the Post 2014 chambers are.

The .308 barrels that I have from 2014-2020 all have oversized chambers that render the FF Brass unusable unless you send in some FF Cases to Forster and have a custom FL Sizing Die made to order, which is also highlighted in the second link that I have attached from ARF.COM

This thread specifically illustrates the Bullshit you get back from LaRue customer service. (Read page 7 Post #89) here's the link if you don't want to sift through seven pages while the OP gets a response from LaRue.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/fired-brass-cant-be-re-sized.246287/page-7

(Here it is from the Beginning)

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/fired-brass-cant-be-re-sized.246287/

I think it's time you crawl back in your hole, like a said above this is Snipershide no one is going to come to your Aid in here to delete my post when real facts come to light.

You talk too much, and you lie a lot, and you get many facts wrong. You show your lack of knowledge in your blind attacks. There is always something to learn.

You are thinking the sizing issues are due to the chamber still, aren't you? Did you/they ever shoot any of the barrels you or others claimed were bad, with the gas off? This is a very basic cause and effect problem.

Here is a hint. Let's see if you can explain it to us. If you don't understand this, can't explain it, or end up wrong, you need to add " I am the real LaRue bitchboy " to your signature line.

No one help him.

20230910_132132.jpg
20230910_132158.jpg
20230910_132156.jpg

Last edited:

Much appreciated.

Jake is banned because of his behavior, I'm not confusing him with Mark. Mark could explain the so called chamber problem at least.

It's not the chamber. There are other factors at play that have been excluded for the sake of bashing Larue.

I'm reloading multiple calibers from 9 larue "in house" "xtraxn" barrels. Having zero issues, the one caveat...is the cause and effect issue I spoke about above. I'm not explaining it because I want Jake to earn himself a new sig line.

You talk too much, and you lie a lot, and you get many facts wrong. You show your lack of knowledge in your blind attacks. There is always something to learn.

You are thinking the sizing issues are due to the chamber still, aren't you? Did you/they ever shoot any of the barrels you or others claimed were bad, with the gas off? This is a very basic cause and effect problem.

Here is a hint. Let's see if you can explain it to us. If you don't understand this, can't explain it, or end up wrong, you need to add " I am the real LaRue bitchboy " to your signature line.

No one help him.

View attachment 8234230View attachment 8234231View attachment 8234232

First of all, I'm NOT banned from. ARF.COM nor have I ever been so you can stop spreading that lie, but I have worked hard at it and have yet to succeed. You fucking LaRue Twat Waffles just delete my posts every time I prove you fucking kool-aid drinkers wrong.

And please tell me what I've lied about???

Second, What in the actual fuck are you going on about? how many times do I have to prove you wrong? How many examples do you need to prove that LaRue .308 barrels are shit and they have oversized chamber?

The OP himself confirmed it, I provided you several links that I found during a ten minute search! most of which came from your Troll Cave ARF.COM and like I stated above I have several LaRue. 308 Barrels in my spare parts/ junk pile that all have oversized chambers, you dont think I haven't sent them out to some of the best barrel smiths to verify this shit???

Now on to the next fucktard point you are trying to make.... you can't turn the gas off on a LaRue Rifle it's either a fixed gas block, or Surpressed and Unsurpassed?? And if you could turn the "Gas Off" the brass is still going to expand and fire form to the chamber the same as it would with the Gas on!?

You'd think for someone who owns "9" LaRue Rifles, they would know you can't shut the gas off..

THIS IS LARUE PATENT FOR THE XTRAXN CHAMBER.. READ PARAGRAPH [0015]!!!

It fully discloses the issue, but at the very end he contradicts his above statement by saying is allows cases to be reloaded several times, well obviously that's not the case here is it???

What you're too fucking stupid to understand is that there has been several revisions to XTRAXN chambers over the years, some of the earlier versions do allow the brass to be used (Pre 2014!! As I've Stated several times in this thread..Oh look what year the Patent was submitted 2014!)

Screenshot_20230917_172700_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230917_172412_Drive.jpg

Now please prove me wrong and tell us all about this "cause and effect" that is resulting in the fire formed .308 brass being unusable that isn't associated with the chamber???

At the end of the day it's the LaRue Barrel that "causes" the .308 brass to be worthless, because after I unfuck a LaRue rifle by installing a Custom Bartlein Barrel I no longer have issues resizing my brass!

Last edited:
Your too stupid to even figure out how to stop a gas gun from cycling...

I just sized 700 pieces of 308 brass shot in in house larue barrels with xtraxn. This goes for many years of manufacture including a field grade I have.

You can't figure out the real cause of the brass issue can you.

Might as well update your sig line bitchboy

Get a fucking life dude, you haven't a fucking clue, and this whole childish game of " I know something you dont know" says a lot about your sad and pathetic character.

Thanks for admitting and confirming that Larue barrels are faulty and damage the fire formed brass rendering them useless.

And If you're trying to insinuate the issue with the brass is caused my premature extraction damaging the Case Head you're wrong again!!. Damage to the Case Head isn't the issue, the issue is the chamber! (as outlined in the patent) Thats why when resizing the fireformed .308 brass with the oversized CASE BODY jams in the FL sizing Die just below the the shoulder.

You're also admitting that the soul purpose of the XTRAXN which is to decrease the surface area inside the chamber Under Pressure allowing for easier extraction by allowing gas and debris to escape is Bullshit as well.

Go the fuck back to the pathetic meaningless hole you crawled out of with the little circle jerk of LaRue Fanboys on ARF.COM, no one here gives a shit about you or LaRue on here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mettee
Jake I like most of LaRues products but no way the barrels are nearly as good as the best Krieger, Bartlein ext.

I went back and checked some old brass from my older LaRue barrel and no doubt the chamber was very large. Have to use SB dies to make that brass work in my bolt guns. Took me awhile to find it because for years I was sponsored shooter and just put brass in buckets after firing once. Now I reload all my bigger calibers. The larger chamber may explain part of reason I see normally 50-100 fps slower velocities through my LaRue barrels than my best barrels. Now don’t get me wrong my LaRue guns are war ready. They fire all the ammo I have ever tried very well so I don’t mind the trade off for most things

In my 5.56 I am lazy I buy processed once fired LC brass, load hot and leave on the deck. I do see the same slower tendencies from my LaRue 5.56’s but once again they are accurate and run anything

On LaRue, heck he has a way of ticking folks off but man he has made some good stuff

I appreciate everyone’s constructive comments on this and the sharing of knowledge by all

Jake I like most of LaRues products but no way the barrels are nearly as good as the best Krieger, Bartlein ext.

I went back and checked some old brass from my older LaRue barrel and no doubt the chamber was very large. Have to use SB dies to make that brass work in my bolt guns. Took me awhile to find it because for years I was sponsored shooter and just put brass in buckets after firing once. Now I reload all my bigger calibers. The larger chamber may explain part of reason I see normally 50-100 fps slower velocities through my LaRue barrels than my best barrels. Now don’t get me wrong my LaRue guns are war ready. They fire all the ammo I have ever tried very well so I don’t mind the trade off for most things

In my 5.56 I am lazy I buy processed once fired LC brass, load hot and leave on the deck. I do see the same slower tendencies from my LaRue 5.56’s but once again they are accurate and run anything

On LaRue, heck he has a way of ticking folks off but man he has made some good stuff

I appreciate everyone’s constructive comments on this and the sharing of knowledge by all

Well if you ever want to see what it can do with one of my Custom Bartlein Barrels send me a PM.

On average most of the LaRue rifles that I rebuild don't shoot over half MOA even during load development and after a load is selected and settled in it averages in the .3's

And I 100% agree everything else that LaRue makes is pretty solid it's just those damn dumpster fire .308 barrels and that XTRAXN chamberings need to go.

Last edited:

Also what year is your LaRue .308 ?

If it was made on or before 2014 those are the good barrels ( reloader friendly-ish), if you try reloading any of the brass from 2015 on you can't even resize it with a standard FL sizing die as soon as the dye gets just past the shoulder it locks up and if you try to force it you just rip your case heads off.

Last edited:
I just sized 700 pieces of 308 brass shot in in house larue barrels with xtraxn. This goes for many years of manufacture including a field grade I have.

Might as well update your sig line bitchboy
But if you read the patent, specifically subsection 0015, it states that the XTRAXN chamber fluting deforms cases to the point where they are nearly “unusable” for the purposes of reloading.

So are your barrels pre-2014? If you put a couple of pics of your rifles up, I’m sure we could tell.

I’m hesitant to wade into this dumpster fire, but the patent doesn’t say what people are saying it does. Specifically to paragraph 0015, yes it does state that fluted chambers typically cause the brass to be unusable for reloading, but goes on to state “this feature [the subject of the patent]… permits the spent cartridge cases to be extracted and ejected in a clean condition so that it may be reloaded many times if desired.”

I don’t own a Larue, nor do I care if you do or do not. I’m neither a fan nor a detractor of Larue.

I’m hesitant to wade into this dumpster fire, but the patent doesn’t say what people are saying it does. Specifically to paragraph 0015, yes it does state that fluted chambers typically cause the brass to be unusable for reloading, but goes on to state “this feature [the subject of the patent]… permits the spent cartridge cases to be extracted and ejected in a clean condition so that it may be reloaded many times if desired.”

I don’t own a Larue, nor do I care if you do or do not. I’m neither a fan nor a detractor of Larue.

I did cover that in my post.

• Haha

If it was made on or before 2014 those are the good barrels ( reloader friendly-ish), if you try reloading any of the brass from 2015 on you can't even resize it with a standard FL sizing die as soon as the dye gets just past the shoulder it locks up and if you try to force it you just rip your case heads off.
Brother it’s mixed. Bought upper used in 2018. Rebuilt this year. This lower was bought 2021

Just built a new one with Wilson Combat barrel. I put adjustable gas on the Wilson. My OBR barrel has the LaRue two position switch.

I did cover that in my post.
Except that the patent paragraph 0015 is not- necessarily- contradictory. It is saying that, in general, grooved chambers trash brass but the Xtran grooved chamber does not. Nor does the Xtran chamber dirty the brass to the same extent of a typical grooved chamber because it does NOT direct gas and debris into the chamber. This is my interpretation of the paragraph in question, based on a plain reading of the text. Maybe the claims of the patent are overblown- or a total crock. Maybe every Larue barrel you ever bought is a lemon. IDK, but the patent claims the Xtran chamber is supposed to keep the brass clean, while easy to extract in adverse conditions, and reloadable.

Except that the patent paragraph 0015 is not- necessarily- contradictory. It is saying that, in general, grooved chambers trash brass but the Xtran grooved chamber does not. Nor does the Xtran chamber dirty the brass to the same extent of a typical grooved chamber because it does NOT direct gas and debris into the chamber. This is my interpretation of the paragraph in question, based on a plain reading of the text. Maybe the claims of the patent are overblown- or a total crock. Maybe every Larue barrel you ever bought is a lemon. IDK, but the patent claims the Xtran chamber is supposed to keep the brass clean, while easy to extract in adverse conditions, and reloadable.
You're correct...I definitely agree with all of that besides the reloading part in regards to the .308 brass, they do seem to eat whatever you feed them.

I wish it was just my bad luck, but reports from various other forums, the OP and the two dozen I've rebarreled through the years for this exact reason would say otherwise.

It is, what it is... I've never encountered these issues with his small frame rifles just the .308 and 260 Rem

A fellow Hide members contacted me last night to rebarrel his 260 so I'll ask if he's had issues reloading as well.

Reactions: FALex
Well if you ever want to see what it can do with one of my Custom Bartlein Barrels send me a PM.

On average most of the LaRue rifles that I rebuild don't shoot over half MOA even during load development and after a load is selected and settled in it averages in the .3's

And I 100% agree everything else that LaRue makes is pretty solid it's just those damn dumpster fire .308 barrels and that XTRAXN chamberings need to go.
What are you bartlien CLE specs?

I didn’t realize that. I have an older Larue with the Loather Walther barrel. I stuck the first 2 cases in dies I have ever in 15 years. Thanks for yhei

What are you bartlien CLE specs?
What caliber?
What platform?
What barrel length?

I don’t use anything but Bartlein's or Krieger, 4 Groove Barrels.

If it's a .308 it will most likely be a 1-10T, For 6.5CM and 260 1-8 or 1-7.5, most have 5/8x24 Treads.

Platform dictates Barrel Length and Contour, barrel length dictates gas Length.

What caliber?
What platform?
What barrel length?

I don’t use anything but Bartlein's or Krieger, 4 Groove Barrels.

If it's a .308 it will most likely be a 1-10T, For 6.5CM and 260 1-8 or 1-7.5, most have 5/8x24 Treads.

Platform dictates Barrel Length and Contour, barrel length dictates gas Length.

So I’m running the Seekins builders kit, JP bolt with the proof 6.5 creed barrel now. I was thinking up grading to another 6.5 creed. This thing has a kind weird profile.

Attachments

• 703722F7-E03F-47D7-96EE-88DD7F3F3EFE.jpeg
    703722F7-E03F-47D7-96EE-88DD7F3F3EFE.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 19
So I’m running the Seekins builders kit, JP bolt with the proof 6.5 creed barrel now. I was thinking up grading to another 6.5 creed. This thing has a kind weird profile.

Call up Compass Lake and tell them you want a Jacob's Barrel for Seekins SP10, and no that's not a joke.

Is it bad that I kinda want to sell my Daniel Defense DDM4v7 and get a Seekins DMR?

Get a fucking life dude, you haven't a fucking clue, and this whole childish game of " I know something you dont know" says a lot about your sad and pathetic character.

Thanks for admitting and confirming that Larue barrels are faulty and damage the fire formed brass rendering them useless.

And If you're trying to insinuate the issue with the brass is caused my premature extraction damaging the Case Head you're wrong again!!. Damage to the Case Head isn't the issue, the issue is the chamber! (as outlined in the patent) Thats why when resizing the fireformed .308 brass with the oversized CASE BODY jams in the FL sizing Die just below the the shoulder.

You're also admitting that the soul purpose of the XTRAXN which is to decrease the surface area inside the chamber Under Pressure allowing for easier extraction by allowing gas and debris to escape is Bullshit as well.

Go the fuck back to the pathetic meaningless hole you crawled out of with the little circle jerk of LaRue Fanboys on ARF.COM, no one here gives a shit about you or LaRue on here.

My God you are an idiot. There is no game, just you showing how stupid you are. Looks like you need to update that signature bitchboy. You have verbal diarrhea.

Now you are telling me what I'm admitting, wild. Funny thing about guys like you, you always tell on yourself.

What metrology methods and tools did you use to determine your scientific findings that the brass issue was or was not due to one specific factor? I'll wait while you have this explained to you by someone with a brain.

You are clinging to verbiage in a patent that may or may not be explaining what is going on.

Damage to a case head happens, and this is a factor of several forces acting on the brass at the same time. You aren't able to explain this are you, thus you need to update your signature line bitchboy. The damage to the case head isn't the problem, the brass changing size is, correct? Can there possibly be another reason it's changing size, the case head issue is a tell tail sign...hint.

But if you read the patent, specifically subsection 0015, it states that the XTRAXN chamber fluting deforms cases to the point where they are nearly “unusable” for the purposes of reloading.

So are your barrels pre-2014? If you put a couple of pics of your rifles up, I’m sure we could tell.

My barrels are in house larue barrels made post 14. I do have one 14.5 308 barrel I'm not considering, it was an early production with xtraxn. But it acts the same as the rest do, including field grade.

There is a very simple and specific time that this issue with brass happens. I also notice that no rifle configuration info has been shared nor any shooting conditions. Just that the chambers are horrid.

I'd love to get my hands on all these larue barrels laying around with bad chambers so I could shoot them and see if I can size a piece of brass.

ETA: Does this help?

Attachments

• 20140727_113055.jpg
    20140727_113055.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
You're correct...I definitely agree with all of that besides the reloading part in regards to the .308 brass, they do seem to eat whatever you feed them.

I wish it was just my bad luck, but reports from various other forums, the OP and the two dozen I've rebarreled through the years for this exact reason would say otherwise.

It is, what it is... I've never encountered these issues with his small frame rifles just the .308 and 260 Rem

A fellow Hide members contacted me last night to rebarrel his 260 so I'll ask if he's had issues reloading as well.

I am also shooting a 260, I reload everything. I will give you another hint. Some of my brass sizes hard, but I know why, and it isn't the chamber.

You can figure it out, I just don't think you want to be wrong.