• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need help with load variation

kdxman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2010
ARIZONA
Why is this happening or what am I doing wrong? I fired 3 rounds with a coal of 3.720 with 72 gr of IMR4350 velocity of the 3 rounds was round 1, 2759 2, 2722 3, 2763. I have loaded this round before and this is what the average has been. however I then loaded 5 more rounds and fired them about 30 minutes later the weather was the same no wind, same powder same primers (cci250) same bullets Berger 210vld same brass nosler 300 weatherby this is the second time the brass was fired. Rounds fired 1, 2800 2, 2841 3, 2845 4, 2817 5, 2817 I started reloading last year the only difference I can find is the first 3 rounds the weight of the brass was 226.0 the group of 5 the weight was 225.4 any idea why this is happening .All of this is out of a weathreby mk 5 thanks in advance

Re: Need help with load variation

well if it is a cheapy then it may just be your chrony. I have a cheap one as well and I only use it to ballpark my load. Once I know the ballpark I shoot it at distance. The numbers from the chrony only guide me as a starting point at long range.