• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes need help with picking the right budget scope

Paralope78

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2013
St louis mo
I recently bought a new .300 wsm and am looking for a ffp scope with reticle and turret both in inch per hundred yds, but will look at mils too as long as they both match I plan.to shoot 400yds and under with a 200yd zero but my budget is 300.00 any recommendations, Thx

Re: need help with picking the right budget scope

1. Finding a FFP scope that will withstand the .300 WSM for $300 dollars is unlikely. There is only one FFP scope in within that budget, the midway exclusove BSA.

2. Finding a matching IPHY scope is impossible for your budget.

3. You can find a matching moa/moa scope for a bit over your budget (About 385, Falcon Menace), the same model is available as a mil/mil. I have one in mil/mil, have been VERY pleased, sure don't know if I would put it on something like a .300WSM.

4. I'll be blunt. Why the fuck would you buy a rifle that costs as much to shoot as a .300 WSM and then put a cheap scope on it that is unlikely to survive?

Your budget and rifle have three options for a "tactical" style scope.
1. Bushnell elite mil/mil 10X, has been used frequently on .50 BMG rifles.
2. SWFA SS, I would recommend the 12X.
3. Midway exclusive Weaver 3-10x grandslam tactical.

number 1 comes in at about 220 bucks, 2 and 3 are both 300. All three are very good, robust scopes.

Other than that, buy a decent hunting style scope like the 3.5-10 sightron SII on sale at SWFA.

The best options have been put forward to you already within that $ range, but thats just if you HAVE to buy now. By saving for a while, and giving yourself $600 your options will improve markedly.

Your setting yourself up to buy again within the year.

SWFA SS fixed 10 or 12

Good point about buying a cheap ass scope for a nice rifle at least makes me feel good about my rifle purchase my brother sold me the rifle and has all the dyes to reload for me, so ammo is not that bad( thank God) and to the other replies thanks for the suggestions. Thx For the info. I think ill Jus. Wait a while and spend the money on a good scope