• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help with rangefinder display

selfbowhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2006
TEXAS
i am color blind and i cant see the display on my new zeiss prf unless it is very low light conditions. my old nikons had a black dispaly. is there any other QUALITY rangefinder that has a black display rather than the customary red? anybody interested in a very lightly used zeiss prf?

chuck

Re: Need help with rangefinder display

I am color blind (red/green- protanomaly, probably as you are) and have the Zeiss PRF. I can see the display fairly well, though the red does get lost in some greens.

I was able to check out several LRFs before making a purchase and have to say:
1) Some PRFs have LCD displays that are easier to see (I believe they were Leupolds), but none in the quality or distance range I was looking for.
2) If you have trouble seeing the Zeiss display, forget about a Swaravski- It's display was essentially invisible to me when directed at greenery.

(By the way, I believe this thread now belongs in the new subforum "Sniper's Hide Observation Devices".)