• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with SBR

JErbe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2009
Pasadena, Md
I am thinking of building a 9MM AR with a 5 inch 3 lug barrel. Does anyone know what I have to do to register the lower SBR, do i have to mark the lower etc. Thank in advance for an help

Re: Need help with SBR

If you're not going the trust route, I believe you need the lower engraved with full name, city and state. It's been recommended to have this done first so that if it doesn't turn out, you haven't just ruined an NFA item, just a regular gun.

Then file the form 1 and wait.

Yes form 1 and everything above along with 'certification form' everything in duplicate with the exception of the $200. I would suggest you not have the 5" barrel around until you receive the approved form 1 back.

I believe that you can engrave trust name and city that you live in (or rather the city that is on the Form 1 paperwork).

Orion Arms does some really nice engraving. I've used them before and recommend their work.