• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help with scope for my Remington 700P .308

EbarOEF

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2013
I have been seaching and searching high and low. I've been lurking as a guest and I've seen some great feedback so now my turn! I'm used to military leupys and acogs but now that I have my own longrange beast ( well ill have her back from the smith in a week) I need some help picking optics.... I'm in peoria az so not a lot of place besides cabelas has a ton of optics to check out. Right now the top of my list is a IOR Valdada (FFP) 4-16x50 Tactical scope with illuminated MRAD X1 and the biggest reason is the detached center dot making so much clearer. Now I have someone selling usedfor 1100 but the oonlything that worries me is what if it breaks or someone hing goes wrong? Is it a transferable warranty? Or would I be FUBAR? Am I better of spending more on a nightforce keep in mind I'm a huge fan of the reticle. Ill be shooting mostly within 700yd but may jump from time to time to 1000yd
I want something durable that will last clear oltics and a good value no 3000 dollar options please

The scopes I would weigh against the IOR in that price range ( from $800-1300 id say) off the top of my head would be:
Vortex Pst 4-16x50 ffp
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 sfp
Swfa SS 5-20x50 ffp
Vortex Pst 6-24 50 ffp
Bushnell 6-24x50 ffp
Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21x50 ffp
Weaver tactical 3-15x50 ffp

I'm guessing the IOR 4-16x50 ffp would be at the top of the pack optically, but I haven't looked through one. If it were my decision, in that price range I'd probably go with the ss 5-20, the HDMR 3.5-21, or the IOR. I don't know if IORs warranty is transferable, a quick email to support, they'd probably shoot back a responce. If it is, 1100 seems like a theoretical good deal on a ffp IOR. I haven't seen too many used nightforce ffp's for sale... Good luck and nice rifle.

I went through this exercise about a month ago. For a Remington PS-1 .308

I ended up ordering the Vortex Viper PST 6-24 Mil-Mil.

If you can pony up for a NF, do it. I had / have Bushnell which are good but no NF. GOOD LUCK

I think I've settled on a Nightforce nxs zero stop with an npr1 reticle I've been trying to find one used though lol

Very good choice. You wont be disappointed. They pop up used here from time to time but go pretty fast.

I went through this exercise about a month ago. For a Remington PS-1 .308

I ended up ordering the Vortex Viper PST 6-24 Mil-Mil.

I ordered the Vortex Viper PST 6-24 FFP MOA/MOA. MOA or MIL is a personal choice but either will give you a great scope.

FH