• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes need help with scope

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
I hate this part of the gun, im not sure where to go, i don't have the money for a 2k scope i can muster up about 5-6 but id really like to have a Vortex FFP

I have my 308 it has a Falcon M on it 5.5-25 x 50mm on it, works grate for the ranges it shoots, i have just got the tracking numbers on the last parts for my 20" gas gun 223 wild chamber ill only be shooting max 600 yards, i don't see my self going past that at all that's whet the 308 is for the scope doesn't have to be ffp , i was going to buy the Falcon M 44mm ive seen many on sale here but i didn't get my $$ fast enough, so where should i look?

I have been considering selling the Falcon and buying just a Vortex and a throw lever base and swapping between the 2 and recording zero for fast return un till i can afford the other.

a buddy says i should get the Primary Arms 4-16x44 Illuminated Scope i dont know if hes playing me or not???

Re: need help with scope

While I havnet looked through that scope from PA. I have used some of his other stuff, they were great for the money and especially for hobby/comp shooting. I would give it a try, because their customer services is also top notch.

I have the PST on my .308 now, but I really like that Weaver for the money. I think either will be fine for your price range.

the viper pst is really nice. I like the FFP on it, and I zoom in all the way to 24 even at 100 yards.

Cowboy, you sound like me a while back.
I was running a Super Sniper 10x on my remington 700, I wanted more scope, illumination etc.
What I discovered was a huge void between the $300-$400 super snipers that just plain work and the US Optics scope i really wanted but could not afford.
There is a reason for the void imo.
Having now purchased a USO 5-25 that sits atop my 700, I now see where the money goes.
I am running a horus H25 reticle that i just love.
I also have a 1.8-10 USO and a 1-4 USO that a good friend is letting me borrow.
I can honestly say, that if I could not afford another USO, I would buy another super sniper until I could afford a USO.
The in-between scopes imo are just that, a compromise for a LOT more money.
I have had a couple Vortex scopes, which look good but didnt seem to track well, at least not as well as my SS10x.
Yet I paid a LOT more money for the Vortex.
Knowing what i know now, either I pony up the $2800.00 for the USO or I drop $350.00 on a SS.
Just my .02
good shooting with whatever scope you get.

Cowboy I think you should seriously consider the Vortex. I to did not have a lot of money to put together when I needed a scope? I watched the scope threads here on the Hide and found a deal. Well wouldn't you know it arrived broken? I called Vortex and with no questions asked they said "send it in we will fix it or give you a new one". I did and they sent me a brand new one and it only took a 10 days round trip.
I'm lucky that I work on the local shooting range and I get to look through a lot of scopes. The PST is not the nicest scope, but it is really nice!! The reticule is great, the knobs feel and click great! It is just a nice scope. Backed by a great warranty. For the price how do you go wrong?
Good luck!! just my .02