• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help with selection

BE5810

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
Hello all,

First of all,

"And if words cannot repay the debt we owe these men, surely with our actions we must strive to keep faith with them and with the vision that led them to battle and to final sacrifice." - Ronald Reagan

Now my question, I am going to purchase an optic tonight and need some expertise from the hide gurus here.

• Budget: $1500-$2000
  • Purpose: Only shooting paper target
    - Nothing dynamic and No steel targets. Mostly focusing on paper target and grouping so more magnification is always better
    - Distance up to 600 Yard
Here's what I am considering, Mil/Mil
  1. Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30 x 56 LRD-1T
  2. Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30 x 56 Precision Tree (??)
  3. Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27 x 56 EBR-7C
  4. NF NX8 4-32 x 56 Mil-XT
Now I understand that they are most likely from the same factory of LOW, Japan and I am fine with it.

I own Athlon Cronus & Ares so Athlon is out of the list.

I've seen enough reviews for Razor HD, some for Delta but NONE for Trijicon Tenmile line ups.

It may be a question that I've already answer myself (they are cousins) but I wanted to see if anyone had different thoughts. Well if they are all from the same factory with the same quality, then I just need to choose which brand I like more.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Consider a Athlon Cronus it is also a great scope and if you want to cut off a bit on weight I’d rather take it over the vortex gen 2

For shooting paper at KD don’t overlook a good deal on a MOA scope.

I just bought a Trijicon Ten Mile out to 50X. Im selling a NF ATACR to 25X. I have been told that a quarter inch hole is clearly visible at 600 yards with a 50 power.