• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Need help with Surgeon DBM

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have a fairly new .308 built on a Defiance Deviant action & I used a Surgeon DBM set-up with an AI magazine.

The problem I am having is that my magazine come loose from the latch after each shot.....sometimes even drops out the bottom. I have tried a couple different magazines & they all do it.

Can you please tell my how to fix??

Thanks!!!!

Do you have any pics of it?

Be sure you have the t-latch in the correct way. Sometimes if they're flipped over they will do what you're describing.

Rifle was built by Mark
Gordon @ Short Action customs.

The stock is a McMillan A3.....pillar seems good, the rifles feeds smoothly from the mag box.

The latch is installed correctly, so you can rule that out. The latch spring could be weak, not applying enough tension or the latch itself may be out of spec.

I would give Mark a call and see what he thinks, I bet he can get it sorted out asap.

Nice looking rifle!

That was a problem some of us experienced with the SH Rifle build with Marc at Spartan. The fix was a new spring (stronger) from Surgeon.

It's an easy job. Simply drive out the roll pin, replace spring (use a dab of grease to hold the new spring in place), and drive the roll pin back in.

I had the same issue with a rifle that was also built by SAC but I placed a quick call to surgeon they were happy to send me out a new spring.

The install was very simple and straight forward.

I have not been able test it yet but the new spring does seem to have more tension.