• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Need help ! !

misfire123

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
I bought a used r700 pss from my local gun shop it has a leupold scope and a harris bipod on it . the gun shoots great and i love it the only thing is at 50yrds and 100yrds the scope is great but at 200 yrd i feel like the scope is fully zoomed and not 100% clear as id like it to be . My question is , is there a better scope for cheaper or around this price range that would give me a better view of the target at the 200 plus range . Dont get me wrong I can hit the 200 yrd target dead center with this scope but id like a scope that is as clear as when im using it on the 50 yrd target

Re: Need help ! !

That scope should be pretty clear at 200 yds. I have a MkIV 6.5-20x50 I use for 200yd matches and it does well.

As mentioned above you might be suffering from parallax miss adjustment or mirage, or both.

OFG

not sure what the " parallax miss adjustment or mirage" but i zoom the scope in to its maxx then focus it to make it clear other then that i dont know what to do , please tell me

The range you are using it on has ZERO effect really I believe the issue you are having is that the scope is darkening as you zoom which is going to happen with most scopes more expensive scopes will do it less but the reality is you get what you pay for and that is true 10 times over with glass.