• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing NEED HELPWITH FRONT FLIP UP SIGHT

THE SENTINEL

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2005
USA
I added a ARMS 38 with a 40L flip up rear sight.
the ARMS 38 is 1/2 higher than the forarm.I like the Troy flip ups but they
say the sights must be on same plane.What front flipup do I need?
P1080020.jpg

P1080022.jpg

Re: NEED HELPWITH FRONT FLIP UP SIGHT

looks to me with that set up that you need to add a 1/2inch riser to the front rail. Most guys run the rear BUIS on the flat top istself and the riser is only used to raise the scope rings ....

Personally I would ditch that set up and get a separate rear BUIS from the riser.

I think it is the same height as the other ARM BUIS
ARMS40combo.jpg

If the apeture height is the same on both models then just get a flip up made for a rail and not a gas block.

I called ARMS INC today.They said any standard height front
sight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THE SENTINEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I called ARMS INC today.They said any standard height front
sight </div></div>

Bingo, your sight is part of the rail, not on top of it. Also check out the PRI (Precision Reflex) flip-up front. I run one with a Troy rear, it's a nice combo.

-matt