• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Need HORNADY 45015 325 FTX or 350 gr FP for 45-70. Trade Ammo or ....

Tazman308

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2014
People's Republic of Kalifornia
I have a new 45-70 and want to do some reloading. Have primers, powder, and cases but no bullets. Desire 325 FTX but would consider 350-400gr FP. Would offer the following ammo: 9mm, 556 green tips, 7.62 NATO, 45 APC, 22 LR. Or bullets. Sierra .308 175gr. tipped, Berger .308 230gr. If in SW Boise in have powder or primers. Varget, H4895 powder or small rifle, large rifle, large magnum rifle, large pistol primers. Wont ship powder or primers. Pick up only.

Come with offers for trade. No sales.

I believe I still have some 405 noe cast plain base wide flat nose that I was shooting in my guide gun at about 1450fps that worked very well. Should have lubed bareback and powder coated somewhere if you're into something like that. Also some hard hard laser cast brand in a similar config.

Don't think I have enough jacketed around to make it worth your while since I pretty much only used the cast ones.

I am going to push them to fast I’m afraid. Using a Ruger #1 and targeting 2000 fps. I have had quite a few message me and think I have located a good supply if everything comes together. One suggested casting my own which something I think I will look into in the future. At this point in my search the tipped Hornady , a Remington 405 gr. SP, and a Nosler Balistic Silver tipped have my attention but will certainly keep my eyes open for suggestions and trades.

Nice! That'll be a hoot! My shoulder said 1450 was fast enough lol. That nosler silver tip was murder on deer when I used it going I'm sure slower than yours.

Good luck!

Which ones? Part# 31456 Green Tip or Part# 51834 Silver Tip. I would be interested in the Silver Tip. The green tip require to much speed for proper expansion.
How many? What are your needs?

Which ones? Part# 31456 Green Tip or Part# 51834 Silver Tip. I would be interested in the Silver Tip. The green tip require to much speed for proper expansion.
How many? What are your needs?
Red tip. Never seen the silver for a .458 bullet.