• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Ideas For Custom Storage Space

Highbrass

Pew Tang Clan
Minuteman
I have a space in the corner of my garage that measures 68 1/2" x 8 FT x 27 1/2"
I am looking for ideas to turn this space into a lockable hidden storage space.
My current idea is to frame the opening of the space in 2xs and add a locking steel door. Then cover that with an outer storage slatwall.
So hidden without making it overly hard to access.
I know there are enough builders and carpenters that would have some other genius ideas?

One idea is to have a steel box made, I should say insert, 3 sides. Toward the front on the sides, have angle iron welded to support a safe door.
You could have slat wall over it, but to move it it wouldn't be discreet. Unless you made the slat wall panel with trim and had heavy duty magnets to hold it onto the safe door, minimal weight on panel. The other is to have hooks on the same panel so you could hang it onto the steel door.

Not a carpenter but I have an Ace hand saw:LOL:

68 1/2" x 8 FT x 27 1/2"

Is this LxHxDepth ?

Thinking you’re on the right track. Make a room hidden in plain sight. Assuming no door= no room, nothing to see.
Use wall slats to hang a few objects, like you would do on a garage wall. Maybe some of the Gladiator gear like Lowes carried. Figure out how to make one area open up. Pop latch, mag catches (nice electronic one would be the ticket). Small hidden caster on the bottom to roll or slide. I’m not a designer, nor would I call myself a carpenter but I’ve got some building experience. Plus I got one of those Ace saws too

Sounds like you're maybe thinking something along these lines???

under ground bunker

just for your guns and ammo and a reloading table you would be set well you might need another for a family if you have one .