• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need info on spotting scopes with Mil Dot reticles

aquinas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2010
Il
I noticed Bushnell (laughs) makes a FFP spotting scope with Mil Hash marks. Here's what the reticle looks like:

Once you are on the link, scroll down to the reticle and click on it and it will give you a nice, enlarged picture.

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-Excursion-FLP-Spotting-Scopes-C1482.aspx

I'm a little confused as to how the Hash marks are divided.

Are the little ones 1/10th of a mil? And so "10" on that reticle is actually 1 mil?

Anyone have any experience with this scope?

I'd like to get one just to practice my mil ranging. It looks kind of weird sitting at a park with a rifle scope.

Re: Need info on spotting scopes with Mil Dot reticles

I don't think that makes sense. That would be 60 full mils of windage and elevation, each. Seems like a lot.

NO NO NO

The small hash marks are 1-MILs out to 10-MILs.
30-MILs left & right
30-MILs up & down

Thou art correct, sir.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Never assume.

SWFA told me the same thing. Now I've got it from two horses mouths instead of just one.

Now another gross assumption: how can I cut something already so small into tenths to mil in tenths???

Or is it possible to mil in tenths with that reticle. Maybe it looks different in real life.

I clicked back on the link to take another look and I don't see how you could even cut those into quarter mils, let alone tenths.

thanks for helping