• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need info on T/C Encore .308 pistol

hmmngwy

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2008
NE Florida
I recently traded a hunting rifle for a stainless T/C Encore pistol in .308.
I am not really a hunting pistol guy, but I was intrigued with the Encore and thought I might pick up a rifle barrel and stock and see what I could do with it?

A few questions...

1. Are they hard to build into a sub-MOA rifle (.223, .308, .243, or 7-08).

2. Any issues switching or trading pistol configurations to rifle configurations?

3. How good or bad are the stock barrels?

4. Would it be hard to trade the .308 pistol setup for a similar rifle setup or should I keep the pistol setup?

Thanks

Re: Need info on T/C Encore .308 pistol

I shoot a 243 and 308 in the handgun config. Both will hold MOA prone from a pack. The 308 is a HANDFUL!! Stick with lighter bullets like the 130 TSXs for hunting and you'll be fine. Handgun hunting isn't as easy as it sounds. I had several deer get past me because the perfect shot didn't present itself. A rifle would have closed the deal. I do enjoy the extra effort needed to hunt with a handgun. Took four with my 243 this year. Factory barrels are fine.