• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need info

Re: need info

Link works on my end. Oh well, this is the info from the bad link.

These are the general requirements I go by when shipping a firearm.

A non-licensee wishing to ship a firearm to a licensee needs to do the following:

1. Determine that the licensee will accept a firearm shipped by a non-licensee. Federal law does not require that licensees accept shipments from non-licensees, and many licensees choose not to accept shipments from non-licensees.

2. Determine that the licensee has a valid FFL.

3. Package the gun in a non-descript box.

4. Ship the firearm insured with some form of delivery confirmation.

5. Ship the gun in compliance with the applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations and the USPS or contract carrier's tariff governing such shipments.

Confirming the Status of a Licensee
Some Licensees will not provide a copy of their FFL to non-licensees.
To confirm that a person is a licensee request the:

1. Name under which the license was issued (i.e., can be an individual's name or business name),

2. First three and last five digits of their FFL number (#-##-XXX-XX-XX-#####), and

3. Official premise business and mailing addresses.

This information allows the non-licensee to verify the validity of the FFL using EZCheck.

To do this, go to the EZCheck website; enter in the first three and last five numbers provided by the licensee. The system will respond with a new screen, showing the license number. expiration date, licensee name, trade name, premise address, mailing address:, Letter of Authorization (LOA) issue date, and LOA expiration date.

Print a copy of the EZCheck results and attach it to the bill of sale that is your record that you verified the licensee’s status.

Hope this helps