• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need Opinions for AR accessories: gr laser & flash

Hey Everyone,

I just completed my AR setup and i am super happy with it. I thought I would be done at this point but as im sure many of you already know, my mind keeps wandering to what more i could do or add-on.

Given this fact, I am now looking for some items to attach to my side and bottom picatinny rails. I am thinking of a <span style="text-decoration: underline">green laser that has a pressure pad</span> and also a <span style="text-decoration: underline">pressure or switch tactical type flashlight with a fairly high lumen level</span> for the money.

I have done a bit of research of these two items but am having trouble finding honest reviews of brands/products/rails/etc.. soooooo, as usual, I come here to a trusted source, sniper's hide.

Pix of my new baby below, any opinions of yours on green laser and mounted flashlights would be real helpful!

Thanks,

<span style="font-weight: bold">Brent
VortexTikka308</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">...how the heck do i upload a pic....</span>

Re: Need Opinions for AR accessories: gr laser & flash

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VortexTikka308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Everyone,

I just completed my AR setup and i am super happy with it. I thought I would be done at this point but as im sure many of you already know, my mind keeps wandering to what more i could do or add-on.

Given this fact, I am now looking for some items to attach to my side and bottom picatinny rails. I am thinking of a <span style="text-decoration: underline">green laser that has a pressure pad</span> and also a <span style="text-decoration: underline">pressure or switch tactical type flashlight with a fairly high lumen level</span> for the money.

I have done a bit of research of these two items but am having trouble finding honest reviews of brands/products/rails/etc.. soooooo, as usual, I come here to a trusted source, sniper's hide.

Pix of my new baby below, any opinions of yours on green laser and mounted flashlights would be real helpful!

Thanks,

<span style="font-weight: bold">Brent
VortexTikka308</span>

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">...how the heck do i upload a pic....</span></span>
</div></div>

Go to http://imageshack.us and you should be able to figure it out from there.

You should get one of these Glock attachments as well.

UTA2full2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't go wrong with Surefire flashlights. </div></div>

You have to be a complete idiot to buy a $95 flashlight.

I have four of them!

I bought the surefire G2X tactical 200 lumen LED tactical flashlight for $75.
It's single mode push button so you don't inadvertently switch to low power.
2 hour burn time.

Tried the LaRue light mount and it is nicely made but it stuck out too far IMHO, so I got a VLTOR offset scout light mount instead for substantially less $.
Very happy with it. The throw lever locks the light into the mount and the mount to the rail, so you can actually use the light for hand carry and very quickly mount up with the same stick. It's simple and works dandy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should get one of these Glock attachments as well.

UTA2full2.jpg
</div></div>

Ha ha ha ha! That is damn funny!

Check out viridian for less expensive models.

DBAL for more expensive taste and military grade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aussiem1a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forget the laser and just get a good surefire light. </div></div>

+1 to this. They are not very reliable, especially with the tape switches. Most tape switches are crap and the connections inside will degrade with use. The standard surefire tapes will hold up, but I don't think they beat a momentary button on the light.

Check out the x300 or x200b. Yes they cost a lot (less than $200 used most of the time), but you can also run it on a nightstand gun. Put it on the rifle... if/when you think you need it. But most of us aren't searching crackhouses. G2's and used scout lights are also pretty reasonably priced.

If you decide down the road that the light is useless, its much better to have a $60-$80 light that you can sell, rather than a $30 light that's gonna get thrown in a tool box.