• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need pics & info on NEW S&B PMII 3-20x

ChrisF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2002
New Zealand
Hi Guys ,

Some one from the IWA show in Europe , posted there is a New 3-20x PMII scope out , need pics & info , maybe its a mil/mil DT scope ?

Later Chris

Re: Need pics & info on NEW S&B PMII 3-20x

Just what we need, a scope with ~7x zoom. My GUESS is that it has a SFP reticle, or perhaps someone has a great idea for a new FFP reticle.

When I stopped in the S&B office last Fall, Mark mentioned a 20x scope coming, possibly for 2010. Sounded like a contender for the 3-12x50 USMC spec, yet with more magnification in the smaller package.

No mention of it at SHOT...

20100315_0140.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/strelec.si/20100315IWA2010#

All I got today is availability slated for Fall. Got more info coming.

JB

That poster is like ups that was meant for next years IWA not this year... oh well...we are gonna get people all hyped up with it and making them guess for half a year what it's all about and for sure we won't be able to produce at a rate we're gonna sell them...

Seriously though no real info on it...

When they hit the US, I would suspect a lot of used 3-12's are gonna go up for sale.

Found this picture after a quick google search:
mg7844.jpg

That one's CCW... Interesting...

Looks like I found my next scope if/when it's released.

I would think that they will have all the options all ready available for other models with this one, however (wild guess) i'd say they will also increase its price and i don't see it below price of 5-25 models.

This may have closed the deal on going ahead and getting the 5-25 so that they don't use the 3-20 as a reason to up the price on it.

I was mainly interested to see IF it would be offered with DT elevation knob ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was mainly interested to see IF it would be offered with DT elevation knob ? </div></div>

As far as I can see on the picture in my post above, it has a lockable, double turn elevation turret.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as I can see on the picture in my post above, it has a lockable, double turn elevation turret. </div></div>
My guess is that it has a Horus-type reticle. Those locking turrets work well only with a Horus or other hold-off type reticle. The H37 works pretty well at 20x, but at 25x it's just too thick. At the SHOT show, S&B had several 5-25x PMIIs with the same locking turrets, pop-up turn indicator, and the H37 Horus reticle - with a FDE Cerakote paint job.

fwiw,
It's going to be available with a number of new reticles in both FFP & SFP versions. It will be a MTC arrangement as well. The most interesting new reticle, imho, is the New Klein Reticle. Schmidt Bender has acquired rights of the Klein and modified the dots to be hollow per a military request. I had voiced desire for a Nightforce type hollow mil-dot with the Klein half mil hash marks. It would appear we are going to get something VERY similar...

The only detail I am not happy with is the entire reticle, short of the heavy bars, will illuminate as opposed to the center. I think this is a step backward, however, again it was a military request.

There is no pricing or availability information yet posted. Schmidt Bender USA knows little more than what is posted above. I will update when pricing and delivery projections become available...fwiw

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

I think I just found my next new scope and I'm sure it will be <span style="font-weight: bold">well</span> worth the wait.

I had looked at PR and S&B at shot. For the features and slight price savings, I was going with PR. NOW...S&B. I think this will fit my needs perfectly!. Jeff

A cap pops up from the turret to show you are in the second turn. Sort of like the colored window in current S&B's, but the cap will allow you to feel where you are for those shooting in the dark. There is a extra sturdy detent every mil (10 clicks) so yuo know where you are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flying Dutchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A cap pops up from the turret to show you are in the second turn. Sort of like the colored window in current S&B's, but the cap will allow you to feel where you are for those shooting in the dark. There is a extra sturdy detent every mil (10 clicks) so yuo know where you are. </div></div>
That is the MTC mechanism that is on the previous USMC SSDS and invented, I believe, by Premier (pop up) and USO (detents).

I was looking into the S&B 3-12x50 PM MTC (Military model) and the new 3-20x50 PM model and happened across the German Schmidt and Bender website.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/pm-ii/index.php

They list the entire line of new models, including the 3-20x50 model. It shows only one model of the 3-20x50, designated the PM II/LP/MTC/LT and include all specs.

Here is the specific link for the 3-20x50 PM model:

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/pm-ii/3-20x50-pm-ii-lp-mtc-lt-4.html

This particular model differs from the one pictured above with standard double turn elevation turret, in that the model on the S&B site is the MTC turret version (like the 3-12x50 Military, the 4-16x42 MTC, 4-16x50 MTC and the 5-25x56 MTC models). Also, on the third page they show available reticles for this scope, but don't list the new Klein one yet.

However, the site does give pictures, full specs and reticles on the new scope for anyone that's interested.

Mark

p.s. Although they don't show the Klein reticle it is mentioned on page two with these available reticles: P3, P3L, P4L, P4L fein, H2CMR, Klein, Police, H58, H37

p.s.s. They updated the site since I just posted and now on page three they picture all reticles!

I have heard from one dealer that the 3-20x50 scope will be released and available in the US in the third quarter of this year. I hope that is true.

just wish they would move that damn illumination knob. gets right in the way of my left bolt.

Man those are sweeeet! S&B coming on strong with new products. Can't wait to play with the 1-8x Short Dot. That 3-20x50 is going to be a nice scope too. Smaller objective and a very usable power range. Will be a winner for the tactical shooters.

S&B are sweet. Im looking to get one myself but in my personal opinion i like the current ones. In the respects of the turret design and so forth but again my opinion.

The 1-8x Short Dot should be available around June or July last I heard.

I've got 4 S&B 4-16's I just might have to sell one to get that 3-20 when it comes out. That just may be one to have.

Just got some release info. The 1-8x Short Dot will be out in June and the 3-20x50 will be out late June. Pricing on the 3-20x50 will be similar to the 4-16x50. I am guessing the 1-8 will also be similarly priced to the other Short Dots but will check.

Are new S&B's coming with the Milestone turrets like PH?

What is a milestone turret? They are coming like the pics above from what I know but I am sure there will be some options like they offer now.

It's the hard detent every full mil, I have heard S&B's were going to have it on their new scopes.

Not sure but I hope not or atleast not as deep as the PR scopes. I hate that feature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure but I hope not or atleast not as deep as the PR scopes. I hate that feature. </div></div>

I wouldn't want 15 or more mils per rev without MTC. I think the 3-20 mag range is PERFECT. if this thing is priced around the 4-16 S&B, is CCW, and has MTC I'll be selling my PH to fund one!

Run the dual turn 14 mils per turn S&B knob now and see no need for the MTCs. Not that there is a need for a knob with more than 14 mils per turn anyway. If they do have it like the mil version above then I hope they have a standard dual turn option too.

I agree the power range and size of the scope, just a hair shorter than the 4-16, will make it a winner for sure. Can't wait to play with one.

too bad they cant figure out a way to get rid of the ill knob location, put it with the parallax... can't run S&B with my left handed bolt...

I like the MTC not for 1 turn vs 2 turn reasons, but instead b/c my one and only complaint about the S&B turrets is that the hash marks on the turrets, and the clicks are so close together.

As this thread seems to have people tied into S&B's dealer network, is there any timing on the FDE finish?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4thSeal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">too bad they cant figure out a way to get rid of the ill knob location, put it with the parallax... can't run S&B with my left handed bolt... </div></div>
There are some S&Bs that can be had without illumination, such as the 4-16x and 3-12x PMIIs. You're out of luck with the 5-25x though.

Here are some videos we did on the S&B.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_d4X5sfDuE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_d4X5sfDuE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t64KtIiKwqg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t64KtIiKwqg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

www.cstactical.com

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks / CS Tactical</span>
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS / CS Tactical on AR15.com
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS / CS Tactical on Snipersparadise
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS / CS Tactical on the HIDE

I wonder how usable the 3x power will be in the 3-20x scope. I love my S&Bs but the restricted FOV (which looks like it shrinks) at lower power ranges is my only complaint. On the 4-16, it fixes at 6x and below, on the 5-25x, it fixes at 8x and below.

That was something I always likes with the Premiers, a true 5x usable range.