• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need Project Gun parts. Help me Hiders!!

2 dogs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2005
Texas
Im working on a truck rifle project. I am looking for a couple of standard contour rem 700 take off barrels that are in good condition. A 260 or 7-08 preferred but will also take a 308. I am using the ones that are NOT matte on this project. PM me if you can help me out.

As to my truck rifle, I just headspaced up a clean 223 barrel to my action. I am going to pull it and pin the lug to the reciever prior to bedding it in a Hi Tech Specialty stock. I am using the varmint contour as I prefer that forend and may have to fill the barrel channel with bed as it looks a little goofy. I have a spare bolt and am aiming for a switch barrel switch bolt rifle. I have had Jeff Allen at CDI fit me a bottom metal and ordered some Alpha mags. I am also unsing the XS rear scope base with the intregal peep rear. More to follow...

Thanks for looking, I appreciate your help!

Re: Need Project Gun parts. Help me Hiders!!

Its starting to take shape. Here it is being cut to proper LOP to fit recoil pad. I cant wait to shoot this one!
015-3.jpg