• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need reccomendation on Savage Trigger

jripper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2010
Just bought a used 10FP Savage long action, pre-accutrigger. I have a Rifle Basix on a 112 FVSS which I like, but was wondering if there is anything else out there anyone would reccomend.

Thanks

Re: Need reccomendation on Savage Trigger

Jewel,CGJackson, Timney, Shilen. Jewel and CGs being the tops to buy. I personally own a Basix and Im pleased with its function but mine is on a 700action.

Check out Sharp Shooter Supply Competition triggers, lots of people use them and lots of great feedback.

I am also a big fan of my Rifle Basix trigger, but Sharp Shooters Supply's competition trigger is very popular and I hear lots of good things about it. Even though they are sometimes tough to get a hold of, all of the products and customer service at SSS are top notch.

I have the Timney Featherweight installed in my 10FP. Set at 3 lbs., I highly recommend it. OTOH, I have a Sharpshooters in my 116SAK hunting rifle. It is also a nice crisp trigger, set at 3 lbs.

Just finished up installing a SSS trigger, very nice and 60 bucks cheaper than the rifle basix.

redo the trigger yourself, add a smaller diameter spring which I'll give your for free. pm me if you need info.