• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need reloading room pics! Gotta get set up!

TacBlade

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2010
Wyoming
I got all kinds of reloading stuff for Christmas and now I need to set it all up! Any and all reloading pics would be great!

I had lots of reloading gear about 5 years ago, untill I got a divorce and my ex wife and her dad sold it all at a garage sale they had. Never even knew it was happening untill it was all gone. Even sold about $7000 worth of tools that were in my garage. Its all water under the bridge now and I have lots of what I had, repurchased now.

My new father in law really seems to like me as he bought me everything you could imagine for Christmas and now I need to set it all up. I have a 9'x15' in floor heated garden shed that my wife gave up for me to use for my gun/reloading room. Got to get started in my set up.

I have bought most of the items I needed at Sears for a bench and cabinets. Most all of it is the "Gladiator Garage Storge and bench system" Very sturdy stuff.

So any pics would be great!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

Re: Need reloading room pics! Gotta get set up!

Here is mine

100MEDIAIMAG0354.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0353.jpg

I think country888 has got quite the setup... especially if he can shoot out that window
wink.gif

I won't post mine, its real modest and pretty condensed; I'll set it up way badazz after high school is over.

Thanks Tanner, LOL.. Yeah I could shoot out the window, but would rather go outside! Im sure shooting out the window there would ring the old ears!

Nice !!! You got plenty of room. Very nice reloading room ...enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! I have been wanting a reloading bench like this for few years now. Finnaly built it back in november. Lots of room for loading & cleaning!

Country888, Great looking room.

The garage size in my next home is gonna play a BIG role in our decision. Work bench area is important for guy shit. I sacrificed in the 1st home, but not next time.

To the OP, whatever you do. I'd recommend starting in one area and using it for a while to find out what you like and don't like about the setup. I want my bench area to be multi-functional with room for other projects. My garage set-up doesn't provide enough space to spread out, but it would be a pain in the ass to move everything around now. Just about to get into reloading and I'll be moving vises, grinders, and other items to make room.

Heres my reloading depot. Its located in my shed out back.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Hey guys these look great! MDF99, that bench looks heavy as hell & well built, just as it should be! I like it! Im sure the OP has lots of great ideas now! For a reloadingb bench you cant build it heavy enough for a press, well you can but you get my point. Good luck & enjoy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had lots of reloading gear about 5 years ago, untill I got a divorce and my ex wife and her dad sold it all at a garage sale they had. Never even knew it was happening untill it was all gone. Even sold about $7000 worth of tools that were in my garage.

My new father in law </div></div>

I see you didn't learn your lesson
wink.gif
j/k

Here's mine. It's an old pic since I just scored a new workbench from work that is over 2 feet longer and a foot wider than the one on the left. I'll post up some new pics once it's all together.

loadbench2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
loadbench2.jpg
</div></div>

Looks great until you see the ratty chair with a skirt. Pretty cool setup.

I'm not even going to show mine. Mine looks pathetic compared to all of you but I'm just getting started.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/imtheflash/weapons/loadbench2.jpg </div></div>

Looks great until you see the ratty chair with a skirt. Pretty cool setup. </div></div>

LOL, that was our kitchen chair from the '70s. I guess I should recover it. You'll be happy to know only that one exists
grin.gif

Tac,
To me storage is a premium, and it sounds like you bought some good cabinetry.
The first 2 pics are of my downstairs reloading setup, which I do not use anymore. I used the same plans as MDF99 did, only modified them a bit. I put a wing on the right side, whick will only work if it is in a corner.

The next pics are my setup in the garage, it is a 3'x6' standing table, 2 shelves, wired for electicity and has casters to roll on. I like to keep things clean and simple.
There is a pic of some threaded inserts I use to fasten stuff down with, no open holes in the table top. The presses are mounted with blocks for easy removal, and replacement. There would not be 2 presses on one end if I were using one of them.
This by far works the best for me. I have 3 gun cradles, so I can clean 3 guns at a time.
Sorry for the crappy pics, but that's about as good as it gets from me.
Good luck.

SANY0077-1.jpg

SANY0075-1.jpg

SANY0079-1.jpg

SANY0081-1.jpg

SANY0085.jpg

SANY0086.jpg

SANY0088.jpg

SANY0089.jpg

SANY0092.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/imtheflash/weapons/loadbench2.jpg </div></div>

Looks great until you see the ratty chair with a skirt. Pretty cool setup. </div></div>

LOL, that was our kitchen chair from the '70s. I guess I should recover it. You'll be happy to know only that one exists
grin.gif
</div></div>

LOL, post pics when you put it out of it's misery hopefully in a hail of bullets or fire.

New table in place and getting filled up quick. I was able to get some other stuff that has been on the floor for years.

IMG_20120116_164816.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDF99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my basement bench setup.

bench3.jpg
</div></div>

MDF - Is that a redding single stage? Where'd you get that base and do you know if they make one for a Redding T7 Turrent press?

I've got a dillon 550B set up on the stand like you do and would do the same to my T7 if I can find it.

bhan, yes that's a Redding big boss. I made that heavy mount for it. I welded it up with 1.5" heavy wall square tubing and 0.5" plate for the top. If you know a local welder it's a simple project. I'd be happy to make you one at whatever height you desire for not much $ beyond materials but I'd prefer to have the press in front of me to make sure everything is right.

not going to post a pic, i am temporarily living in a studio apartment until my next duty station. 4ft x 5ft bench, but hey it works!

i one day hope to have an entire room set up like most of you have

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country888</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Tanner, LOL.. Yeah I could shoot out the window, but would rather go outside! Im sure shooting out the window there would ring the old ears! </div></div>

My local gunsmith Robert Gradous (gradousrifles.com EXCELLENT guy to deal with in my opinion) has a similar setup behind his shop. He has a concrete bench in his such that he can just sliiiiide open that window, poke the muzzle out, and fire off a few shots. When I took my 700 to him for his "accurizing package" before he agreed to work on it, he wanted to get a test group. Like you I thought it would ring the ears, but with the muzzle outside and ear protection it wasn't bad at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country888</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Tanner, LOL.. Yeah I could shoot out the window, but would rather go outside! Im sure shooting out the window there would ring the old ears! </div></div>

My local gunsmith Robert Gradous (gradousrifles.com EXCELLENT guy to deal with in my opinion) has a similar setup behind his shop. He has a concrete bench in his such that he can just sliiiiide open that window, poke the muzzle out, and fire off a few shots. When I took my 700 to him for his "accurizing package" before he agreed to work on it, he wanted to get a test group. Like you I thought it would ring the ears, but with the muzzle outside and ear protection it wasn't bad at all. </div></div>

Cool, I may have to give it a try! Out that window is a big field where whitetail live! What better deer stand could I ask for!

Getting the room built. Two cabinets picked up from local goodwill, some 3/4" MDF picked up from a mill for free, 2x4 and 1x4, some screws, and my wifes old tack room.
2012-01-16_11-34-29_365.jpg

2012-01-19_11-10-03_750.jpg

2012-01-19_11-14-07_219.jpg

2012-01-19_11-32-30_425.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had lots of reloading gear about 5 years ago, untill I got a divorce and my ex wife and her dad sold it all at a garage sale they had. Never even knew it was happening untill it was all gone. Even sold about $7000 worth of tools that were in my garage.

My new father in law </div></div>

I see you didn't learn your lesson
wink.gif
j/k

Here's mine. It's an old pic since I just scored a new workbench from work that is over 2 feet longer and a foot wider than the one on the left. I'll post up some new pics once it's all together.

loadbench2.jpg
</div></div>

I like that set up!!