• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ****need scope repair****

layinlow

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2007
tx
i need a scope repaired. i have a horus falcon that i purchased on the hide. i managed to get 74 rounds of 338 lp down range before the focus broke. it is out of horus' 'amazing' one year warranty, so they obviously will not replace it. horus does not do repairs or know anyone that does. i sent it to a place in florida called ABO, inc. they said parts are no longer availible. i am hopeful someone might be able to repair. i hate having a $1000 paperweight. any help would be great.

many thanks

Re: ****need scope repair****

Great reticles (if they're your thing)...shitty scopes with equally shitty warranty and shitty service from a company that just doesn't give a damn! I'm afraid you likely just learned a $1k lesson the hard way.

I honestly don't know what options you have at this point. Things like this are the very reason that the advice most frequently given on Horus products is run (don't walk) away from their scopes and if you like their reticles, do yourself a favor and get it in a decent optic.

copy that. i could not believe when customer service told me their warranty is a ear because their scopes are so inexpensive. think i will open it up myself, i can fix almost anything with superglue, 200mph tape, wd40, and a 3/32 7018 rod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: layin low</div><div class="ubbcode-body">think i will open it up myself, i can fix almost anything with superglue, 200mph tape, wd40, and a 3/32 7018 rod. </div></div>

If you figure out a way to repair Horus scopes, you can probably make some money as there are plenty of broken ones laying about that are in need of some fixin'!
wink.gif

All joking aside...I hope you can find a suitable resolution short of using the scope as a target/paperweight/etc. Just don't go throwing too much good money after bad trying to get someone to repair the scope for you. The fact that Horus won't repair it, can't tell you who to turn to, and clearly isn't interested in any meaningful service after the sale should tell you that it isn't worth the trouble. What happens if (READ: <span style="text-decoration: underline">WHEN</span>) it shits the bed again? Run...don't walk...AWAY!

Wow man that frekin sucks. Sorry to hear it. Makes me appreciate the warranty on my Vortex's.