• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need scope suggestions

buddybuddy1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2024
place
I'm currently in the market for a one and done deer hunting scope for my 308 tikka. Shots are generally under 100 with the possibility of 250 yards max. Low light is extremely important as most shots happen in the last 30 min legal light. Not against an illuminated reticle as it seems that would be ideal for my situation. Budget is around $500 to 600 max.

My current setup is an old nikon prostaff 2 2.5-10, which isn't terrible, I'm just exploring whether I might benefit from something a bit higher end. I've always bought an array of cheaper scopes over the years and regretted it.

I've seen a bunch of talk on the internet between brands. Trijicon, leupold, or zeiss are generally what people are suggesting. I'm just curious how much of an improvement over my nikon those brands offerings would be around the $600 mark so I can decide if the upgrade is worthwhile.

In particular, the Trijicon with the solar/tritium powered illumination was really interesting as it seems like my batteries are always dead when I need them most.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Not the best I’m sure but I really like my Burris E1 scopes for hunting where I’m not dialing

The Meopta Optika 6 falls within your budget. I’d opt for the 50mm for low light. I have one on a 7mm08 Tikka that will get to the end of legal shooting light in the woods or on a green field at those closer ranges you described.