• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Need small folder

cfsindorf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am looking for a small folder with a 3 inch or so blade with some serations. Will be used around a lot of water so no cheap stuff. The catch is this will not be in a pocket all the time so need a way to attach a small lanyard to it.

Willing to pay for quality

Thanks

Craig

Re: Need small folder

I really like Ken Onion's folders made for Kershaw. There are a few different blade designs and sizes so I'm pretty sure you can find one that appeals to you. A lot of these knives are assisted opening so unless you are LEO with exemptions from local or state laws I'd check the legality before ordering..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like Ken Onion's folders made for Kershaw. There are a few different blade designs and sizes so I'm pretty sure you can find one that appeals to you. A lot of these knives are assisted opening so unless you are LEO with exemptions from local or state laws I'd check the legality before ordering..</div></div>

+1

Chris Reeve small Sebenza. They have the option of partially serrated or plain edge. Best folder made IMO and being sv30 and Ti would do pretty good in the wet. 2.94" blade 6.875 OAL.

I have good luck with Spyderco, lots of choices and blade styles, serations or not. Many have a hole at the base for your lanyard, one hand operation etc.

I have two Benchmade knives that have never failed me. I have gone through a few brands such as Kershaw and CRKT and once I bought my first Benchmade the rest just sit on my dresser

-Z

Look at the Spyderco Salt series, they are absolutely rustproof (per Spyderco and my experience) sharpen easily, decent edge holders. You can get it serrated.

if your gonna get a new folder and you can splurge look for a chris reeve like stated above. if your looking for something a bit less expensive go with a spyderco, kershaw, or benchmade all great knives and you can get any of them in pretty much any metal you want m4, sv30, or around alot of water like your saying the VG10. all have great edge retention, very rust resistant, and are quality knives. check them out you won't be disappointed. ohhh and its not out yet but i believe bark river is about to come out w/ a folder which looks to be promising.

I have been carrying a Benchmade mini-barrage ever since they were released earlier last year. That thing just rocks as an EDC. The Emersons, Microtechs, Protechs, and other larger folders/autos have now been retired to the safe. The mini barrage is an axis assisted-opening knife that is 2.91 inches. Blade thickness is fine for "most" everyday stuff and it utilizes 154CM steel. You can find them for around $85-95ish. Knifecenter has them as well as a bunch of other places. I have 2 of them. Ordered one from Knifecenter and got the other one direct from Benchmade. Its one of the best "smaller" EDC's I've ever had next to my little Benchmade 3100 Benchmite.

Chad

Benchmade makes good stuff, I have a 670 Osbourne design Apparition in 154cm. It also has a handle that will accept a lanyard. Mine has a standard blade but they have other models that are serrated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rodn276</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like Ken Onion's folders made for Kershaw. There are a few different blade designs and sizes so I'm pretty sure you can find one that appeals to you. A lot of these knives are assisted opening so unless you are LEO with exemptions from local or state laws I'd check the legality before ordering..</div></div>

+1 </div></div>
+2
I have a couple and they stand by the product. I broke the tip doing something stupid and they put a new blade on it. No questions asked.

Another Spyderco Salt +1. There are lots of blade sizes, shapes, and edge combos. There is the right Salt for exactly what you want it to do.

Spyderco Para Military. I have had most of these knives at one time or another. This is the one I keep coming back too.

you will be hard pressed to beat a griptillian. I have had mine for a long time and put it to heavy work, including chopping. It has a great lanyard hole. I have had several SOG knives, and I feel that benchmade folders are superior.