• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Need some advice on my spuhr mount...

***Ronin***

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
Denmark (EU)
I just got my last item i was waiting for 3 months...

This is what i got:

Spurh Mount SP-4001 (1.18" / 0 mil)
Bushnell HDMR H-59
AI AX full rail...

I was told that the sp-4001 would be fine with the 50mm scope on a AI AX but i think it would work if i didn't have the full rail..

Is there something i could do without getting another mount (removing rail is not a option)

I burrowed the below pictures from the net... but it was this look i was going for.

My scope is kissing the rail, no gap like the pictures.:

Hope to get some good advices...

P.s. my worse case idea is to sell the sp-4001 and get a new mount... but which one should i take ?

SP-4601 (1.18"/20,6 Moa)
or
SP-4006 (1.35"/0 Moa)

Re: Need some advice on my spuhr mount...

Not sure about the height, but in my opinion, you should get a tilted mount for a long range rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure about the height, but in my opinion, you should get a tilted mount for a long range rifle. </div></div>

I believe the rail on the AX comes in 0, 20, and 30 MOA. He may have the angle built into the rifle and not need a canted mount.

For a flatop full rail, for 50mm, I believe you need at least the 1.35" in 20 moa to get clearance. (Not complete certain if it's enough, but I imagine you'll just barely get clearance) Personally I got the 1.46" but it was on an AR.

You do have comb control with that stock so if you're a little high it's ok.

I'd personally sell it and get another Spuhr mount.

Ronin

if the mount is fine and unused, new condition just send it back and we send you anohter one.
I recomends the SP4006 that have 0 tilt and 34mm height.

Håkan

Thank you all and thank you for the offer Håkan,

I got it from another member in here and it wasn't used, so its like new condition but it has few hicks... check picture below.

I would understand if u can't take it back because u can't sell it as new...

Or else i will have to sell in here... Sure there is someone with great taste =)

BUT you sure the 1.35" (sp-4006) will be enough space for my setup ? and i don't need the SP-4602 (1.46") ?

Thank you all for the inputs...

Pictures are from the seller...

Nope, Its not new and cant be sold as new either so sorry.
I tought you had bought it from us.

Håksn

Np... I knew the out come.

Will be listing in here soon, as soon as i get some new pictures of it.

If anybody is looking for this model then shoot me a pm...

Håkan,

Do u think a SP-4002 gonna be too high for my setup ?

Thank you for your time...

I have a 5-25 Premier in a 1.18 Spuhr on my AX and have maybe an 1/8 of an inch before hitting the rail
20moa built into the scope base

Gilbert

@pharm762... Is it possible to see a picture how high it is and how much space there is between the scope and rail...

Thank you all...