• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some experiance from others here

grego88

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2012
SoCal
I want to buy a Magpul PRS for my AR-30. I understand that the AR-15 PRS is shorter than the AR-10 version, and has a longer cheek riser (therefore a better option for this application than the AR-10 version). I have been looking around at pictures of AR-30s with the PRS and have found that the eye relief looks REALLY long. Is the eye relief with the AR-15 PRS on an AR-30 resonable being that it is shorter? If anyone has any experiance with this, then I would love to hear your input. If the eye relief is still too long, then I would rather just keep the OEM stock it has now.

Re: Need some experiance from others here

if shooting scope, rings style and hieght should be able to solve the eye relief issue.
arborpro

If the cheek piece for the AR-15 is longer, make sure the charging handle will cycle all the way. On an AR-15 the charging handle comes less than 1/4" from the cheek piece and an AR-10 has a longer travel. As far as LOP, that has never been an issue for my setup. I'm really pleased with the PRS.

I posted a topic on here a while back asking if the AR-10 and AR-15 versions would fit without any problems, and the responses I got back were that the charging handle would not interfere with the AR-15 version.

Worse case scenario is that I have to send it back if it doesn't work right. So I guess I'll go for it.