• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Some Help on Mounting Accessories

devildog70

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2013
Can someone school me on how to mount this:

Onto the top rail of this:

Admittedly, I'm retarded when it comes to ARCA, but I can't find an ARCA clamp that mounts to a picatinny clamp. Or am I going about this wrong? Thanks in advance.

i have not seen a combo mount with an arca clamp on top and picatinny clamp on the bottom (or visa versa, lol)
you might have to buy one of each and bolt them together.

Reactions: devildog70
i have not seen a combo mount with an arca clamp on top and picatinny clamp on the bottom (or visa versa, lol)
you might have to buy one of each and bolt them together.
Thanks. At the risk of REALLY sounding stupid, is there a specific manufacturer that makes each mount, and that can be bolted together? I am brand new to ARCA, and am having trouble sifting through what does what.

Thanks. At the risk of REALLY sounding stupid, is there a specific manufacturer that makes each mount, and that can be bolted together? I am brand new to ARCA, and am having trouble sifting through what does what.
arca is just a standard that has been adopted for years in the camera/tripod world, the way the 1913 is for military stuff.
i don't know of any specific companies, and it probably depends on how much you want to spend. arca clamps are common, 1913, not so much.
one option https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-upgrade-lt271/

if price is no object, you could get 2 rrs combo clamps.

if you are trying to cowitness, depending on distance and the size of the object, and the kind of head you have, you might consider the suggestion above and mount them separately. ranging smaller targets can be difficult
looking through it on top of the spotter might be hard, and i see that rail more often used for a red dot or something to aim it faster.

Reactions: devildog70
arca is just a standard that has been adopted for years in the camera/tripod world, the way the 1913 is for military stuff.
i don't know of any specific companies, and it probably depends on how much you want to spend. arca clamps are common, 1913, not so much.
one option https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-upgrade-lt271/

if price is no object, you could get 2 rrs combo clamps.

if you are trying to cowitness, depending on distance and the size of the object, and the kind of head you have, you might consider the suggestion above and mount them separately. ranging smaller targets can be difficult
looking through it on top of the spotter might be hard, and i see that rail more often used for a red dot or something to aim it faster.
Thanks again!