• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need some ideas for custom wooden flag for a marine

HighGround260

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2008
butler pa
I have a buddy who’s been in the Marines for almost 17 years, he’s a scout sniper. Haven’t seen him in a few years and I need some ideas for a custom wooden flag I want to get made. I’ve included a picture of one the guy made before so you know what I’m working with. I need some good ideas on what to replace the tank or the heli with that would relate to the marines and preferably the scout snipers.

Attachments

• 7863B840-A0CF-4968-8714-2E657268CFDB.png
    7863B840-A0CF-4968-8714-2E657268CFDB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
What would you charge for one like that with a P-51 mustang replacing the tank.

I have a buddy who’s been in the Marines for almost 17 years, he’s a scout sniper. Haven’t seen him in a few years and I need some ideas for a custom wooden flag I want to get made. I’ve included a picture of one the guy made before so you know what I’m working with. I need some good ideas on what to replace the tank or the heli with that would relate to the marines and preferably the scout snipers.
Email over to the Scout Sniper Association and ask for permission to have the artist use the Shadowman. Last I knew, it is a trademarked design but is available for Scout Sniper related usage, and the assoc should be able to point you in the proper direction for approval.

sniper_shadow_man__07363.1464722655.jpg

You can always use his unit info if you know it. Maybe google USMC challenge coins for possible ideas too.

Rank insignia / chevron's always seem to be a good choice too.

Usually with going away gifts we try to capture the individuals time with the unit, or time in service. You could encoperate a flag colored shadow man, m40a5/a6. Inlet or paint in for unit logos, or challenge coins where he served. And also tie in elements of countries he’s deployed to or operations he’s been apart of.

Reactions: Redmanss
Email over to the Scout Sniper Association and ask for permission to have the artist use the Shadowman. Last I knew, it is a trademarked design but is available for Scout Sniper related usage, and the assoc should be able to point you in the proper direction for approval.

sniper_shadow_man__07363.1464722655.jpg
Thank you, I’ll get in touch with them. The shadowman would work great with how he cuts out the images.

Per others suggestions I’m going to have him incorporate if unit into it also. I’ll be sure to post up some pics when it’s done. Thank you everyone

Reactions: QuickNDirty
I am not a Marine, I am Army. For me, something with a CIB and a 1st. Cav. patch would touch me the most I think.
With that said, can you find anything other than the Shadow Man that might point to some unit or another that he is particularly proud of and incorporate that?
My Son and his neighbor, both LE, make these things together as a hobby and build them to last. Only the finest of materials used. Built to last.
What started out as a hobby has grown and they make All kinds of Flags with different messages on them.
He made me a Colorado Flag that has in bold lettering,"Don't Californicate Colorado" on it. I like it, hanging on the fence for ALL to see.
If it were me, I would use a rectangular design rather that a cut out of the USA map as they are more durable and easier to touch up when needed. The Map can go within. Easier to hang and easier to maintain, Maine and Florida don't weather off.
I am not Pimpin my Son's skills nor trying to sell you anything but if you need our help, PM me and I am sure my Son will work with you to get what you want.
I don't think that only the Eagle Globe and Anchor is what you want as every Marine has that but something more personalized.
Regards, FM

Just a suggestion, but that one particular famous picture of the kneeling marine with the M70 (Vietnam era). Done as a shadow.

And to that, as FM suggests, something "particular" to his time in, and/or specific to where he'd been.

Well I’ve come to find out he’s actually in a Marine Raider BN now. So I’m going to tie that insignia and I do into it. Any ideas on something like the shadow man to go along with the Raiders? Do you think it be alright to still use shadow man with that beings he has ties to it (pending approve from SSA). Sorry for all the questions I don’t want to have it made and it not be correct

You’ve got to think, what is it you are trying to commemorate? This guys elustrious career? His most recent deployment? All of his deployments? Your friendship? Or any other combination of things.
Everything that goes into this should be symbolic and represent your subject.

It sounds like at the very least being a Sniper was a stepping stone for his career and probably a major one that arguably helped make him who he is today. Keeping these in mind i dont think you will go wrong with anything. Keep it symbolic and meaning full. If every aspect tells a story the better.

The only thing i would maybe stay away from is paddle. Those are almost over gifted in the raider/recon community.

And honestly... pending approval from the SSA... what are they going to do, prosecute you?

You know this guy, incorporate and blend elements that represent something and you will not go wrong.