• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Some Paint Job Ides for my .308 Build.

I don't have one but was thinking about doing one by sponging it on. Thought that would give a great pattern, not clean and would blend well.

I had my AR15 Duracoated FDE and Tactical Black. Whatcha think?
y7u8a7uq.jpg

What colors were these? They look amazing!

Ben

Thanks Ben !

Got everything from home depo
Base coat is Rustoleum Camo #1917 Khaki. The sponged on is standard Rustoleum "satin" #241238 Dark Taupe. Snagged a sponge roller with biggest holes in it for $3 and took the scissors to the roller for manageable pieces. Tore chunks out of the pieces to get somewhat different shapes.

Did NOT clear over any of it. Its a truck gun not a safe queen so wasn't too worried about it getting knicked,scratched or wear spots.
Edit: Barrel,action,bolt are Cerakoted Coyote Tan,not spray paint.

Last edited:
Thanks Ben !

Got everything from home depo
Base coat is Rustoleum Camo #1917 Khaki. The sponged on is standard Rustoleum "satin" #241238 Dark Taupe. Snagged a sponge roller with biggest holes in it for $3 and took the scissors to the roller for manageable pieces. Tore chunks out of the pieces to get somewhat different shapes.

Did NOT clear over any of it. Its a truck gun not a safe queen so wasn't too worried about it getting knicked,scratched or wear spots.
Edit: Barrel,action,bolt are Cerakoted Coyote Tan,not spray paint.

Thank you sir! I may give this a try on my upcoming .308 shorty, I've used sponges before but never this color combo. Looks great!

Ben

Need Some Paint Job Ides for my .308 Build.

Have a look at the Thread on here about Jeromy's work. The title is 'Paint by Dimensions'.

Rustoleum/Krylon and sea sponge torn into bits...add a few paper plates for pallets and your on your way...AND YOU CANNOT SCREW IT UP...

I duracoted my Coyote rifle a few years ago. Just blue masking tape torn length wise in layers. turned out pretty nice and blends with my area very well

Digicam job that I did: Cerakote colours (oven cure) Graphite Black, OD Green, Smiths Grey, Battleship Grey. Stencils from Bulldog Arms