• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need Some Starting Loads For 300WM and 260 for ELD X

davisj3537

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Getting a new custom rifle with 2 barrels in each of these cartridges. I'll be shooting the 212 ELDX and the 143 ELDX respectively. I've not broken in a barrel before without already having a starting load so not sure what to shoot through them to break in a bit before starting load development.

Thanks gents.

There has been some difficulties finding appropriate powders for 260, what if do you already have? Generally h4350, imr 4451, super performance, 4831, rl17 can all be appropriate along with quite a few others. Mine are loaded long (2.91) so powder may be a bit high depending on compression etc. (lapua, cci 200) imr 4451 42.5 gr, super performance 46 gr...start a few grains below as These are over most books but are well below pressure signs at around 85 deg in my rifle.

Grab a copy of QL and learn how to use it. Its a great tool for compareing loads and working out safe start points. Once you get familiar its a powerful tool to use.

I was going to try using IMR 4350 for both. If I could find H4350 in large quantities I'd buy a hundred lbs. lol. I just hate to start using something that I know I'll have trouble finding.

I have quickload. I just didn't know if anyone had any ice cream loads for these. Now I realize how silly that sounds. You're exactly right.

The general consensus that I've seen for the 212/215gr bullets in the 300 WM is 76 to 77gr H1000 loaded to approximately 3.6" OAL. My current load is 77gr in Norma brass or 76.5gr in Hornady brass.

I really like h4350 and imr4451 for 260 Remington.
Somewhere between 41 and 44 grains for 140 class bullets depending on barrel, brass and coal.
You probably won't get to 44 without serious pressure but some do.