• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need something else to do...

mzvarner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2013
Spokane, WA
Boredom has lead me to search out new tinkering projects. I have a Ruger 10/22 and want to try to make it as accurate as I can. So far I have filed down the little spike that keeps the bolt locked back so I can chamber a round just by pulling the bolt back. I have also free floated the barrel in the standard wood stock, and spray painted it. What other projects can I do to make this thing better? I have considered doing my own trigger job and I have some bedding material left from my other rifle build that I was thinking of using to bed the action.

Thanks

Not sure what "bolt gap" means, trimming the crown sounds to complicated as I don't have access to a mill or lathe. Considered the trigger job but how complicated is it?

If this is making you wonder, you ought to head over to rimfirecentral.com/forums

Or reach for your wallet and buy a Kidd barrel and two stage trigger. Next put it into a B&C Anschutz style stock. It all depends how accurate you want your rifle to be. Mine shoots as well as my Anschutz rifles. A reworked stock barrel will never be as good as a custom barrel.

Or reach for your wallet and buy a Kidd barrel and two stage trigger. Next put it into a B&C Anschutz style stock. It all depends how accurate you want your rifle to be. Mine shoots as well as my Anschutz rifles. A reworked stock barrel will never be as good as a custom barrel.

Im a broke college student (for now) thats why I am looking for projects I can do at home with minimal tools (or at least cheap ones).