• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Need Suggestions for .22LR Pistol and Suppressor

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
Looking for suggestions on a top notch .22LR and supressor combo. I need to buy a gift for a GREAT friend and think this would be perfect. TIA.

Re: Need Suggestions for .22LR Pistol and Suppressor

I would look to a Ruger/Buckmark before either a P22/Mosquito. There are many 22 cans on the market that are great..look at silencerresearch.com for Johns reviews. Depends really on what one wants to spend...

Browning Buckmark with TacSol barrel and SRW Spectre or Tactical Innovations Quest. silencertalk.com is the best source of overall suppressor info on the web

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WileyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Browning Buckmark with TacSol barrel and SRW Spectre or Tactical Innovations Quest. silencertalk.com is the best source of overall suppressor info on the web </div></div>

You just can't go wrong with The Quest. Mine is awesome! All you hear is click click click.

Anything but a P-22 or a Mosquito,both of mine had some major feeding issues with a Pilot,Aviator but not the Prodigy,I like the Mosquito better then the P-22.Ill be a bit more specific and say a Ruger MKIII and not the 22/45,why,becasue I had one and simply hated the fact that I could not,without somewhat laborious modification,change out the grips, or a Browning Bucmkmark and lets not forget the Element.The Spectre is a good can but I liked my Pilot or Aviator better.

I'd go with a AAC Element or a SWR Spectre can. Don't know about the host.

I have the newer Walther P22 and it performs flawlessly. The newer ones are not having the issues that some have experienced. I also have the Ruger 22/45. The Ruger is very accurate, but the P22 is more fun to shoot. I don't have a can on the Ruger though. The P22 is very easy to add a can, but the Ruger requires much more work to add a can. I almost forgot, I have a CZ 75 Kadet that is such a sweet wonderful pistol to shoot. By far the best I have ever shoot. Again harder to add a can though. A replacement barrel with threads needed. The CZ is pretty expensive compared with the rest, but an excellent 22 trainer. A pretty much exact replica of the 9mm version (CZ 75/85).

This all being said, I would go for the Walther P22 because it's very easy to add a can as it comes standard with a threaded barrel. Just add a cheap fitting. There are many accessories available from Walther (extended target barrel, scope mount, red dot scope, laser etc.) The price is real cheap, with combo pistol/can going for $550 (see Major Malfunction etc.). You got to love that price.

Yes there are many good cans out there, but for a lite weight 22, it makes good sense to get a small less weight can. My choice would be Gemtech Outback II or a YHM Mite. Both under 3 oz and only about 5" long and 1" diameter.

[img:left]
34fnwoy.jpg
[/img] [img:right]
1z4vn8h.jpg
[/img]

Walther/Ruger AWC Systems tech Archangel

I own an AAC
The best allaround toy I have is a CZ Kadet with TROS Adapter, Nill grips ,Accurate and fun
I also have a S&W 41 with a threaded bully bbl

dont forget to check out the silencer co. sparrow VERY quiet can and easy to clean. To my ear they are quieter than aac tac-sol swr gem-tech or anything else that has come through the shop

I already had a MKII so I went with the Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite upper. Since pic, I have switched the front sight out for a FO. Now the sight picture is similar to my Limited gun.
IMG_0502.jpg

The can is a Tactical Innovations TAC-65. I couldn't be happier with it.
IMG_0597.jpg

If cost is no object , find a German-made Walther PPK , and get it threaded . I am partial to the SWR Warlock - it is reasonably-priced , lightweight , and very quiet ... After that , I like the Ruger 22/45 frame with the Pac-Lite barreled receiver ... I also like the SWR Spectre . It is as quiet as the Warlock , and can be disassembled for cleaning . It does weigh more ...

If you can find an older made in germany mosquito before they moved it to being mostly made in Exeter then the mosquito would be good to go.The older ones have a steel guide rods and also will eat just about any ammo.I cant say the same for the new ones though as they seem to be pretty finicky.As far as a can goes if you want the smallest,lightest,and one of the quietest and can be had for under $300 go with the outback.The warlock is also a really light and small can,although not as small or light as the outback,but it will be a little quieter on a pistol.

Really you need to figure out what are the most important features to you; size,weight,cost,quietness,durability,take apart or not. If you go to silencer research and join as a premium member you can see a 30+ 22lr can review with complete breakdown of every can and video's plus more. It is well worth the $30.

Old P22=shit feeding sub/low/hi vel solid HP etc., even unsuppressed. Buckmark/TacSol=good, SRT integral=sweet (just don't take apart barrel, retiming sux)