• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need suggestions: Higher rear bag -AND- shooting glasses that don't fog

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I have a TAB bag and it works fine for the bolt rifles where the stock has more real estate and is closer to the ground. Shooting my Mk12 with the SOPMOD stock, the TAB bag laid on its highest side isn't high enough except for under the last 1/2 inch or so (if you know what the SOPMOD looks like, youll know what I'm talking about) and then its just high enough. I need a higher bag that I can carry, so I don't need the equivalent of a pillow; who makes one thats simply higher or somewhat of an oblong soda can?

Second, I'm looking for some shooting glasses that don't fog. I currently use the WileyXL-1 and while I love how these fit (I prefer a sunglass goggle if that makes sense, but I don't use the strap) but whenever I use them while shooting prone, I fog them up. Anyone have any suggestions of a goggle-ish type of shooting glass for a narrow face? Or just try some anti-fog wipes (do these work?).

Put cat crap on 'em.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      12.4 KB · Views: 11
    I had a tab gear and I agree it was to small. So I bought an MOA system, str8 laced, and wiebad competition bag to test them all. The str8 laced is by far my favorite and the wiebad just as good but I little heavier. If you can get a str8 laced you WILL LOVE IT!

I love the large Triad wedge when I need a taller bag. I have both sizes and use them all the time.Great product and great people to deal with over at Triad.

For the protective eyewear, check out the ESS product line. I'm a really good tester of anti-fog coatings (I sweat like a stuck pig). I've had pretty good luck with ESS, their coatings work very well. In fact, talking to customer support, they recommend using only warm water to clean them. No aftermarket anti-fog products. BTW, pm NOMAD on this sight he can provide you with a great discount code.

Couple of things to help with glasses fogging.....first, RainX "brand" anti fog from Walmart works great, and doesn't distort your vision. Good stuff. Second take a look at your glasses and head gear. If your glasses sit really close to your face, there is a better chance you will have fogging problems......and if the bill of your hat is down low and tight, it can form an 'air damn' and hold hot/moist air from your breath around your face causing fogging issues. I struggle with these issues for my students constantly....

Randolph Engineering Ranger XLs place glasses higher on your face to support shooting positions with the face higher on the comb:

2011_RANGER_BROCHURE_copy_5-938x616.jpg

Their Ranger Falcons are more a blade-style:

Falcons.jpg

liberator wedge and BCG's

I prefer the Liberator Whirl XT microsuede sex pillow in charcoal along with the under the bed restraint system and door jam sex sling while wearing my EVO FLEX Sunnies Flexible Tanning Bed Goggles Eye Protection UV BLACK Glasses and don't forget your Forever Youth Liberator Face and Eye Serum Set to prevent any unwanted fogging or disease

caint you quarrs just be O.A.F. for once and use yer knife? it keester stashes rite well and proppa and make short werka dem jigs yo.