• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need SVD gunsmith recommendation

Recon_Scout

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2020
Need a recommendation for a gunsmith who can take off (without damaging) SVD FSB (with one pin blind mounted - see picture). Install a Tiger FSB (with front lip milled off) and thread the barrel for HUXWRX QD brake.

7D23C21F-577A-494B-9B6E-CCEA64A1678C.jpeg

E1D55DD1-9749-44DC-A49B-F5AA8256D54A.jpeg

51C64560-9455-44CB-8AD5-F73C21B6516C.jpeg

38E87587-DD15-4620-9812-286A6CCCB064.jpeg

M-13 Industries does (or at least did) SVD work. Two Rivers Arms might be willing; they do good work. Can't hurt to call and ask.

There's a place in Vegas. My buddy has had a bunch of similar work done and was happy with the finished product. Took a while though

Reactions: Lazyninja
M-13 Industries does (or at least did) SVD work. Two Rivers Arms might be willing; they do good work. Can't hurt to call and ask.
+1 for work quality at m13 .just don't expect any kind of reasonable turn around time .mine was quoted for 6 weeks ended up at 16 months. Hard to find a good ak smith though

+1 for work quality at m13 .just don't expect any kind of reasonable turn around time .mine was quoted for 6 weeks ended up at 16 months. Hard to find a good ak smith though

Attachments

• Resized_20220823_202051.jpeg
    Resized_20220823_202051.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 35
Had really poor experience with M-13, John (the owner) basically lied to me in the past. I had a Bren kit which I wanted them to reweld, they had it close to 2 years, and every couple of month he would told me which progress they made (i.e. rewelded, working on the trigger, etc.) eventually he called me (after 2 years) and said that its too hard and they don't want to do it. So I asked him to return as it was at the time. He sent me back my kit untouched - when I called him back and questioned him - he said "oh we were working on our test kit". WTF - he is just a complete fraud.

• Wow
Reactions: Huskydriver
Do you really want to shit on the value of the gun as is?
This is one of my most used rifles, I think the barrel has about 2k down the pipe (I estimate another 3k left or so) I expect I will rebarrel it anyway in 3 years or so.

Reactions: fdkay
Had really poor experience with M-13, John (the owner) basically lied to me in the past. I had a Bren kit which I wanted them to reweld, they had it close to 2 years, and every couple of month he would told me which progress they made (i.e. rewelded, working on the trigger, etc.) eventually he called me (after 2 years) and said that its too hard and they don't want to do it. So I asked him to return as it was at the time. He sent me back my kit untouched - when I called him back and questioned him - he said "oh we were working on our test kit". WTF - he is just a complete fraud.
Wow, I wouldn't bother with them anymore after that.

Reactions: Recon_Scout
Need a recommendation for a gunsmith who can take off (without damaging) SVD FSB (with one pin blind mounted - see picture). Install a Tiger FSB (with front lip milled off) and thread the barrel for HUXWRX QD brake.

View attachment 7980185
View attachment 7980186
View attachment 7980188
View attachment 7980189
Mark Novak at Anvil Gunsmithing specializes in vintage weapons and vintage machine guns.

Mark's email: [email protected]

Or, you can try contacting Justin at JMac Customs. They love AK's and AK variants.

So does Brandon Herrera.

Reactions: Recon_Scout
Friend of mine has a Tigr, and I did something similar to this, he just just wanted to do it reversibly which made it a little tricky

you should actually be able to get the pin out without needing to drill it, but you'll need to make a fixture to hold it in place so you can exert enough force on the very slight protruding edge.

if yours doesn't have a small 'lip' to grab, the other alternative is to very carefully thread tap the pin, and use a corresponding threaded bolt to pull it out. pretty much just like getting a stuck bolt out.

it can be done DIY, just be patient with it and it's easy enough.