• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need to ID Parka

rickp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Hey guys,
A buddy in Astan contact me to see if I could help him ID the parka in this image. I told him iwsn't familiar with it. It looks like the one we got issued to us during desert shield desert storm, called the Desert Night Parka. That one had a digital pattern to it to help with NVG's I guess. It was a good piece of gear.

Anyway here's the picture of it, any help to ID it would be greatly appreciated.

MarineSnipersParka.jpg

Re: Need to ID Parka

Lunchbox,
You got an NSN for this??

the closes thing I come up with is a Desert Night Parka. It has a black and OD digital pattern. Same pockets, same bands around the arm cuff, same hood, same waist string and buttons.

All seems the same except the color/patern. These look painted IMO.

I'm going to agree with Mike. I was about to say it looks like ACU wet weather gear kryloned, but that shit doesn't breathe worth a damn, and this stuff is baggy as hell which does a damn good job at breaking up the human form. Over whites are basically just fabric and nothing else, add the stiffness from a spray paint and Presto!

+1 for the kryloned over whites.

Ive seen these before. I'm positive its the Orc IRS in ACU. It looks like M40's and a MK11 so I think Marines are wearing them, that might be the reason for the krylon.
Could be whites. Either way i'll find the NSN for ya.

I'm not sure abuot the IRC. Look at the sleeves, the IRC has velcro, the marines have like a band at the end of the sleeve. the pockets are also at an angle in the pic. In the IRC they are parallel with the ground, and you can see the button up snaps in the pic too. The IRC is more like a gortex shell in design.

R.

The ORC parka doesn't have a elastic waistcord thing, but the over whites do.

Also if you look close you should see snaps on them, near the waistband. The ORCs don't have any.

These are over whites.

The pictures below are from a friends OIF 7 rotation, I'm waiting for his reply to the origin, but i have a set of over whites that look like the same pattern.

16667_102479353110462_100000451947848_68040_905137_n.jpg

16667_102479349777129_100000451947848_68039_4716280_n.jpg

16667_102479343110463_100000451947848_68037_3913860_n.jpg

Overwhites are (or were) components of the ghillie suit system. The cotton-poly is lighter than desert parka and trousers.

Both work for over-spraying.
covertrugged-sm_1.jpg

Yeah, to make a set ofthese die the over white a basic tan and then use Krylon to paint like your rifle. Good camo without being a heat casualsity. Lighter to carry also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost looks like Multicam..??
</div></div>
Not multicam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LUNCHBOX0621</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

KGrHqQOKjE1s026KBTBNn4I1zhjg_3.jpg
</div></div>

I'm curious about something. If you order a set of overwhites and have no intentions of wearing them over winter clothes, etc. What size would you need? One size down...or 2 sizes down?

Baggy.

When I was in the Army, most of my uniforms(Class As were tailored, and tighter than a worm's ass
grin.gif
) were baggy, but not to the point were they hindered me. Usually a size or two larger than the normal clothes I would wear.

I had a couple reasons for it.

The chief reasons were that breaks up your outline, and promotes airflow.

I use to buy Govt. surplus and i got a bunch of those in the pictures lunchbox supplied, same style but were marked winter something and had pants to go with them. All were very large. they were an off white.MM