• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Need to vent.

xxinfidelxx

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2011
Virginia
Just picked up a rifle I had shipped from Bud's Guns at my local Bass Pro. Took a look at the rifle everything looked good but I didn't open the part of the box that read "Bolt and Kit Enclosed". Now I'm home and realized the rest of my rifle is missing. I have a Model10 FCP H-S Precision 5r barrel, action, and stock but everything else is not in my box. I called Bass Pro and they said the parts weren't there or in their "Gun Vault" and Bud's is closed. I watched the Bass Pro rep open the box in front of me but I'm not sure if it was opened before I got there. I'm so pissed right now for not further inspecting the box contents and the fact I have to wait until tomorrow to get in touch with Bud's. I just need to vent to keep the vein in my forehead from exploding. I'm hopeful Bud's will have the parts and ship them, but if not no idea what'll happen. Aren't the bolts and barrel matched from the factory?? I have plenty of guns but this is my first bolt action. I was all excited earlier today to hear the rifle was in and my scope, mounts, rings and bipod had shipped. Now not so much.

Re: Need to vent.

If they find the bolt make sure it is serialized with the number on the reciever. If it's not demand a different rifle or a refund.

The bolt and receiver are numbered so that you can't swap bolts in different guns. I believe this is headspace driven. If all else fails (you can't return it or get a refund) you can buy another bolt from savage and get it head spaced correctly. Good luck.

Yep, gun's on the way back to Savage now. New VORTEX PST 6-24 X 50 FFP MRAD just arrived too.