• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need your guys opinion on a trade

Creature

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2007
I have a 420rd case of xm855(62gr 5.56 ammo with steel core penetrator) on stripper clips in boxes and a guy wants to trade me 1800 pieces of once fired .223 brass and 10 new usgi 30rd AR15 mags for it. Would you do the trade or keep the ammo?

Do you have more ammo? If you shoot that ammo there's 420 cases fired from your rifle. Do you need brass?

Yes I have more ammo and brass. Not really hurting for either, just trying to figure out what has more value. The 10 AR mags makes it tempting. I'm not hurting for those either but with all this talk of a magazine ban I don't think you can have enough.

Do you have primers, powder, and bullets to reload? They are still scarce around here. The steel penetrators never seemed to go down in price from the previous buying frenzy whereas mags were ~$5-$10. But like camo said it depends on your needs and i would add time to reload everything.

The mags are a bit of a gamble but I don't think any federal regulations are going to make it through. However that may be different at the state level.

Last edited:
Last gun show I was at had a HUGE amount of mags. Don't think they are as valuable as the ammo "right now". If you are not hurting for ammo and someone actually has the need and intended use for them other than hoarding or resale I think it would be a nice thing to do.

Pass. You can order Pmags at retail from many sources. You will just have to wait a bit. Brass is available if you look for it. There are people out there who will pay $1 a round for that SS109 ammo. You would be getting about $200 worth for your $400 ammo.

I think you're getting the brunt end of the stick. I would keep your ammo, and be 420 rounds of brass richer when you're done Vs. 1800 rounds then that still need to be primed, bullet, and powder.

Keep the ammo. Ive got a buddy who is crying to fid some of that very stuff.

It sounds like you don't need the mags or brass, so if I were you I'd probably pass unless you want to do the guy a favor. What headstamp is the brass? Crimped? Do you have a swager?

ammo is hard to get where i am right now, IMO i would keep the ammo, you never know what you might want to do down the road!