• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Needing a recoil rod assembly for an Uzi.

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Hey guys,
    Have a buddy with a FA full size Uzi and the recoil rod assembly broke (and is FA specific it seems). I was tasked with finding or making a new one but the original is MIA. Needing a source on this part. Just trying to help a good dude out and maybe get some trigger time with it for shits and giggles when it is up and running. Anyone know the piece I am talking about, where I might source one, or worst case I have a full machine shop and could make one if I had dimensions. TIA!

-Chris

Last edited:
    The I.M.I. Israeli Uzi employed an asymmetric dual-rod spring system.
    It's the only look I've got Hondo.
    Good luck.

DSCN0675 copy.JPG
    DSCN0702 copy.JPG
    DSCN0704 copy.JPG
    DSCN0706 copy.JPG
    DSCN0711 copy.JPG
    DSCN0782 copy.JPG

• Love
    Reactions: nikonNUT
    I believe it was said this is needed for a full sized Uzi not your pictured micro. The recoil assembly is a one piece Rod with a fiber back board and held on the front by a. Clip of some kind. Gun broker has kits for sale but not inexpensive unless you get lucky and find an assembly only for sale. BWE firearms may be able to help you if the son picks up his dad’s business dad is very I’ll.bwefirearms.com

Last edited:
    Reactions: nikonNUT
    I believe it was said this is needed for a full sized Uzi not your pictured micro. The recoil assembly is a one piece Rod with a fiber back board and held on the front by a. Clip of some kind. Gun broker has kits for sale but not inexpensive unless you get lucky and find an assembly only for sale. BWE firearms may be able to help you if the son picks up his dad’s business dad is very I’ll.bwefirearms.com
    It is indeed a full size. I checked out BWE and they are currently OOS but I have reached out.
    I saw that on HK parts and I think it is exactly what I think he needs! Gonna reach out and verify. Hell, I'll even buy it for him! Thanks for the link!

Last edited: