• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Needing and looking for a new scope looking for advice

Wile_Coyote

None
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2018
    Florida
    www.none.com
    Hey all. I have a couple rifles that need glass. Going to cost me I know. I have had a few different brands. Prefer FFP and mil. My current scopes are a Steiner 3.12x50 Military Tactical with the G2B on my AR15 Grendel and a Steiner Miltary 5-25x56 with the MSR2 on my AR10 6.5 Creedmoor. I have really liked my Steiner's but have thought about changing it up a little. I have another AR10 6.5 Creedmoor that needs glass, but that can wait for now.

I have a new 6.5 PRC bolt rifle that needs glass. Of course I am thinking about another Steiner, but have been looking at other brands I considered. Mainly Nightforce and USO.

For the Nightforce side I have been looking at the ATACR 5-25x56mm F1 and on the USO side the FDN-25 5-25x52.

Any input on either?

Last edited:
    Both the Nightforce and USO will be a step up from the Steiner. I personally do not like Nightforce scopes. My eyes just don’t like whatever they do. I’ve went to pretty much all USO scopes. The foundation series is amazing. I’ve been using them for a couple years now and haven’t had a single problem.

I think the USO scopes are the most under rated scopes around. They aren’t optically as good as a theta or ZCO but they are right there. You won’t be disappointed in one.

No experience with USO.
    LOTS of experience with NF. NXS x 3 or 4, NX8 x 2, SHV x 2. I do not like the way the occular rotates with the zoom on the NXS models.
    Experience with Zeiss, Kahles, Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Weaver, Shepherd, Nikon, Tasco, others.
    I have a Swarovski x5i that I prefer over all of the other scopes I have. I have several Swaros, all great for the purpose, not all are preferred over the NF and some others.