• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Needing stock advise

Redxd

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2006
South Carolina
Ok guys so here is my precision/hunting rig in 6.5 Grendel with 18" Kreiger....and she's a pig. I took a gamble on a CAA SRS stock and while I love the adjustability it remains slightly loose and that wiggle has been annoying the hell out of me. (I of course removed the monopod for hunting). I can't get the damn thing solid. So the search continues. I went with a rifle length tubeand Spikes T2 buffer and she's always been 100% reliable and smooth. I really like the idea of XLR TacticalAR butstock system, but I don't want to change a thing with the tube. Will that make a bit of difference? Probably not just in my head if it works why go screw with it.... The PRS seems to me to also fit the bill but won't do my back and shoulders any favors humping this thing as I'd like to go lighter if possible. So that leaves the Luth systems which will save me some weight but at the cost of a flimsy stock. I just wish they made a A2 with adjustabile cheek rest lol. Anyway guys I appreciate your input. Let me know if I've overlooked something with an adjustable cheek riser. I'm afraid that's a must.

1c00f8d8ac53d817ab59db57c28600ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Faced the same problem with one of my 308 AR's. A PredatOBR. Just couldn't get a decent cheek weld with the RAT stock. Bit the bullet a bought the PRS despite the additional weight. But had change the buffer tube to a rifle tube.The extra weight didn't bother me as much asI thought it would. Been happy I made the change.

The Luth MBA-1 looks to be light and highly adjustable and probably a fine stock. For me, I just dont care for the looks of it, so I prefer Magpul PRS.

The Magpul PRS is a heavy prick, but solid as a rock. I run the Luth-AR MBA-1 on both my MDT chassis and my 6.5 Grendel and I think they are great. A lot lighter weight than the PRS, but have good adjustments and nothing rattles.

The other one that I have been mildly pleased with is the Rock River Operator A2 stock. Lightweight and solid, just no adjustments.

Instead of raising the cheek, I started lowering the scope with Badger 1.3”, and Nightforce 1.375” mounts. I have them on multiple carbine and fixed stock rifles, and for me they are about perfect. YMMV.

I appreciate it guys. I do like e idea of shaving some weight off, so the Luth seems to be the answer there. And man I like the solidness of the PRS...a TON. Lately I've been considering getting a quality A2 adding a couple Noveskie flushcups and a Karsten cheek rest (if I can mount under the buffer tube). And it's a great thought, but I do run different optics from time to time so I'd like to maintain my current mounts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Maybe this something to think about, If you ever plan to run a suppressor on this rifle, you may find the weight of the PRS to your advantage for balance.

If it is just you using the gun then it is probably not a big deal, but the adjustments on the luth-ar stock are a bit more “fiddly” to set. While no tools are needed for either, the luth set up seems more of a “set it and forget it” design. The magpul prs design allows you to easily refine the fit, either on-the-fly for yourself or for other shooters. With the magpul, rotating the screws moves the adjustments. With the luth, you loosen a set screw, make adjustments, then tighten the screw.

Check out the MFT BUS stock. I ran across one with a cheek riser one time for 50% off so I took a chance with it. I’ve been very pleased, it has a solid lock up, weighs 11oz and has been really solid for the last couple of years. The cheek riser adjustments aren’t made to do in the field as they are set screws if that matters to you.

I'm gonna' drop my 2 pennies in on this one because I got some shit to say. First off, I hate to tell you, but that CAA "Sniper" stock is the most worthless pile of ass you could put on a rifle. Mine was practically "brand new" when I had a case get stuck in the chamber. I go to "mortar" the rifle to eject said case (the most common method of clearing that issue) and the damn stock busted into several different pieces with the first strike. I got so pissed I kept smashing it against the ground until not much was left. I sent it back to CAA with an explanation of the issue, and to their credit, they did send me a brand new replacement.

Secondly, and I may piss in some Cheerios right now...stay away from the Luth. Mind all of you, I still own a Luth, it's on my LRP-07, so I type the following with personal experience. One of my good friends had a Luth on his Creedmoor build. He had his rifle leaning against his workbench, turned around, knocked the rifle over, and guess what broke? All I could figure was it must've been from the same shitty lot of polymer putty the guys at CAA used to build my "Sniper" stock. This friend of mine is a very experienced rifleman, and liked the Luth prior to this event. He was shocked that the Luth broke because he said the fall was not bad, the rest of the rifle was fine, but a chunk broke off the side of his MBA. My last bitch about the Luth MBA-1 is that Luth does not have any flush cups installed on the fucker. The end user has to install them him or herself. Not only that, they don't even provide one with the damn stock. I know it is not a huge deal, but the fact that this information was not mentioned in the description definitely pissed me off. The description states that the MBA-1 "does not include..." lists all of the shit it doesn't come with, but leaves out the damn flush cups, probably the most important detail of the fucking product.

In other words, OP, save yourself a bunch of horseshit grab ass, time and money and grab the XLR or bite the bullet and put that cinder block, errr, uhhh, I meant, PRS, on your rifle.