• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Neighbor question

there is a creek that separates our properties, it is about 50 yards from her house at the closest point. I was bowhunting in a tree next to this creek last fall, she was out for a walk with her dog on her side of the creek, gets to 5 yards and sees me, starts up a conversation, I assume the hunt is shot so I chat with her for a few minutes.

Later that night I get a call from her husband, he was really nice, asks about me hunting there and if I will be hunting there during rifle season. Offers me access to the stand through their property. Grants me permission to shoot across the creek. He did put a million surveyor flags in the ground on his property creating a boundary which i was not to shoot across. Im sure at her request.

If they were complete assholes the situation would be easier to navigate.

Nextdoor to us they built a public mini storage. It has a managers house on it's property and a bitch from New York City lives there.
When I would shoot she would come outside and scream cuss words over the property line and call the sheriff, whatever she told the sheriff had the boys in blue acting like super assholes.

That's the important part, whatever she told them.
Boys in blue were just trying to save the day, with wrong info.
The only person not breaking the law was me.
This is what I do now.
I call the sheriff's office and give them a courtesy call to state I will be shooting on the property. I don't ask for permission. I give them a courtesy call. They always are courteous, and log it in for the guys on the road.
No problems anymore.
And if I did have problems, I would be addressing it as harrassment.
And for the neighbor? If she was having a bad day, or tired. All she would have to do is call, 99 percent chance, I would feel bad for her and stop for the day.
But, the Courtesy Call, keeps the deputy's from having to deal w a karen and giving me another line of defence in the case of anything happening.

Nextdoor to us they built a public mini storage. It has a managers house on it's property and a bitch from New York City lives there.
When I would shoot she would come outside and scream cuss words over the property line and call the sheriff, whatever she told the sheriff had the boys in blue acting like super assholes.

That's the important part, whatever she told them.
Boys in blue were just trying to save the day, with wrong info.
The only person not breaking the law was me.
This is what I do now.
I call the sheriff's office and give them a courtesy call to state I will be shooting on the property. I don't ask for permission. I give them a courtesy call. They always are courteous, and log it in for the guys on the road.
No problems anymore.
And if I did have problems, I would be addressing it as harrassment.
And for the neighbor? If she was having a bad day, or tired. All she would have to do is call, 99 percent chance, I would feel bad for her and stop for the day.
But, the Courtesy Call, keeps the deputy's from having to deal w a karen and giving me another line of defence in the case of anything happening.
As the liberals continue to flee the cities they have made unlivable, I suspect that it will only get worse.

He's cool, she's not. Pussy rules the house. Just keep doing what you do and this shit usually resolves itself on its own. It was clearly a manufactured problem that she needed to vent on FB. Probably because of something entirely different pissing her off but you were object of her need to vent. Problem is her initial issue likely still exists since she can't seem to resolve problems. Hopefully she'll move on from you.

I had a neighbor do that once when I was shooting a .22 and he is 400 yds away, must have been a one off cuz I shoot all the time, and he had never said anything. Anyway I went back to the house and got something much, much louder and continued to drive on. Calling the cops wouldn't have done him any good I know all of them.
She's just looking for something to cry about. Some people need drama in their lives, even if it's made up/fantasy.

I had a neighbor do that once when I was shooting a .22 and he is 400 yds away, must have been a one off cuz I shoot all the time, and he had never said anything. Anyway I went back to the house and got something much, much louder and continued to drive on. Calling the cops wouldn't have done him any good I know all of them.
She's just looking for something to cry about. Some people need drama in their lives, even if it's made up/fantasy.
Usually because theyre unhappy about themselves and need to outsource it. Ill leave it at that.

Reactions: 101stinfantry
That night my wife shows me a Facebook post where the neighbor lady was complaining that her neighbors were shooting guns all day and terrifying her dog , apparently it was an aweful experience for everyone involved.

So I see her wlking her dog today, I pull over to say hello. She asks if it was me doing all of the shooting. Yes, it was me, then she tells me about scaring her dog, i suggest moving the dog indoors next time i start shooting, she says it doesn’t matter, it still terrifies him. I remind her it is easier to train your dog than your neighbors.
I'm gonna go against the grain here somewhat. In my last neighborhood, some tween neighbors kids love to set off fireworks (which was illegal in my neighborhood); they scared the crap out of my dog inside or out, and yes it was a real PITA. I never called the cops, but I was tempted. I do understand the need to develop rounds when reloading - so maybe just to be neighborly you could explain this is something you need to do, it takes to much time and commitment to go to a range and you really shouldn't have to - so maybe offer to come up with a time OK to shoot thats mutually agreeable? Maybe offer to buy the dog a sedative - fast release HTP worked on mine. Just show an attempt to be neighborly & compromise.

She's just looking to be seen as a victim by her facebook friends. There is nothing better for a woke-tard than to be given victim status by other woke-tards. Show them no quarter and keep on shooting!
Or, give them a call and tell them you're going to be shooting, then don't, and see if she bitches on facebook anyway.

Another option here would be to not deal directly with the wife. Call and talk to the husband. Let him work it out for you.

Get a dog exactly like hers, give it the same name, train it to love gunfire, and then.... switch-er-oo.
Mission bonus if the new one chews on draperies.

Reactions: Nate60x
Shoot the neighbor & keep the dog.

😁I’m kidding. Sort of

This is the most retarded thing I've read so far today.
Go ask for permission from the king's men? Good grief
Id try the high road first but cover my ass.

Go and introduce yourself IN PERSON to the ranking LEO in the area, chief of police or sheriff. Show him your photo and a copy of the Facebook post. Ask him to come out and inspect your range and invite any of his crew to come shoot with you. Then youre covered.

Next, after the range has been checked and approved, invite the couple over to supper and do your best to smooth the waters, invite them to shoot, or offer a list of best times or tell her you'll call and let her know, and ask nicely that she bring her dog inside.

If that doesnt work, youve done all you can reasonably be expected to do, youve covered your ass, Fuck her and carry on. If she persists on posting on Facebook post back about how youve had the range inspected and she's just being a miserable little Karen.

She's just looking to be seen as a victim by her facebook friends. There is nothing better for a woke-tard than to be given victim status by other woke-tards. Show them no quarter and keep on shooting!
Or, give them a call and tell them you're going to be shooting, then don't, and see if she bitches on facebook anyway.
I think this is probably what happened, if i hadnt seen her walking her dog after the facebook post and stopped to talk I would have no idea that her dog was having issues with my shooting.

I bought a place in the middle of the woods because I like hunting and shooting. That is not going to change.

If moving the dog inside doesnt help, then im not sure what good calling will do.

Im just going to pretend it didnt happen, continue to be friendly and shoot when i want to shoot without asking permission or giving notice.

Because if it was truly a major problem she would have been certain to contact me and let me know instead of going the facebook route.

I am certain she has not considered training her gun shy dog to accept gunfire from 1/2 mile away. Like I told her, it is easier to train your dog than your neighbors. Mic dropped

If she's hearing it from 800yds away while indoors, she's got some shit for insulation.

I say she's a fucking liar.
Unless she has very large windows without panes. Those COULD act as an amplifier. However, seeing the picture and the sheer amount of trees would act as more of an insulator than any large window (by large I'm thinking 10'x10')would be an amplifier. I'm finding it difficult to believe the dog would be that freaked out at that range with that much buffering. Agree...she's fabricating her story because likely she hates guns.

Yet, a friend of mine with a pit-hound mix goes nuts with fire crackers. Gets scared and becomes a nightmare. So it does happen; yet, I doubt those fireworks are 800 yards away either and are in the air and some are a hell of a lot louder than a firearm at 800 yards through trees.

After an hour or 2 outside with fireworks, my Black Labrador would get sick of it...or maybe he was more sick of the neighbors wild animal children screaming every time one went off - I know that was irritating the piss out of me....so probably the dog too as we had similar irritants :)

His beef should not be with dog...but with stupid owner (as is usual with animals...it's not the animal that sucks, it is the owner/handler).

Does the husband care? Does he like to shoot? Maybe invite him over?
He has not mentioned anything to me

He used to hunt, has a couple of absolute monster whitetails on the wall.

Neighbors: People forced to live near one another, who pretend to like you, but rarely care for you. Known to talk behind your back, then smile and ask how things are when they run into you.

I live across from a large corn field. In the winter, the owners will often hunt duck/geese. This is maybe 300 yards from my back patio. According to my wife ( i dont do facebook ) the neighborhood page goes off about these animals hunting on their property with guns.

I call it good entertainment. I’ll sit out there with coffee and watch them and give them a thumbs up when they get some.

Fuck your whiny neighbors, esp as far as you are from them.

• Haha
I would be nice and accomodating until it's time to not be nice and accomodating as it sounds like you have all your i's dotted and t's crossed.

We bought our property from lovely lady next door.
She's the mum both my Babe and I wish we had.
The other neighbours are just shitstirrers. He thinks he is the local sheriff. Proud of the fact he nagged local shire to paint median lines down access road.
His wife has tried to blame us for their dog getting bitten. I know whose dogs did it, but I'm not a snitch, and their dog strayed onto another property.
Sadly, you can't choose your neighbours, and if you are within your rights.....fuck em.
People need to just keep within their boundaries.

Considering I dont have a Facebook account, It was a bold strategy that I dont think will pay off

Eat the dog! And keep shooting!
With a name like Bundy I am surprised the dog is all you mentioned eating.

until you can pick up your can just get a bunch of 2 liter bottles and shaving cream, or a sack of potatoes😀

If your neighbor bitched about it on FB instead of coming to you and having a cordial conversation then she’s just not that great of a neighbor.
There are just so many ways I see of handling this, I guess it depends on the mood I'm in that day?

First off they're neighbors and I usually take the high road there. "Kill 'em with kindness" and all. Allies are better than enemies, gotta live by 'em, etc.

But they didn't care enough to confront you, they told the whole globe EXCEPT you. Unless this passive aggressive attempt was the hook and you took it! Now she'll know you care enough to follow her like a tween online. That could only foment more problems the way I see it. Do you want her to think that's how adults air grievances with neighbors? Online like tweens?

SO, that said, you've only got one option:

PM Sirhr and see what it takes to get into the Civil Defense Air Raid Siren hobby! Seriously, you need to make MORE noise as if you never heard that shit. Because you didn't. UNTIL she comes to you PERSONALLY or calls the police, like neighborly or asshole adults but still adults, FUCK HER. Pretend you didn't see it.

But you already let that slip, didn't you?

I guess you have to deal with it on that face now and you may have to assume the adult role in this scenario since you've let her know that the tween passive aggressive shit worked. She may wanna hold onto that, it works for her now. So I'd try to be neighborly, let her know how adults handle this shit, that location specifics will not be tolerated at all, that we can be neighbors but that this woke Karen complaining shit online to the world doesn't give her air and opportunity to be a nagging cunt and get away with that while also getting her way. Make it CLEAR the best she can hope for is a compromise, and that by being a bitch absent adult, neighborly communication, all she can expect is more loud noise at YOUR convenience and without her concerns considered at all.

Be sure to give her your phone number or some way to reach you. Neighbors should have that anyway.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
With a name like Bundy I am surprised the dog is all you mentioned eating.

until you can pick up your can just get a bunch of 2 liter bottles and shaving cream, or a sack of potatoes😀
I think you’re thinking of dahmer. Ted bundy was a sociopath not a cannibal. But I feel like this history lesson is for another thread.

Reactions: VargmatII
Better yet on days you're going to shoot get her a jar of peanut butter. That should keep her and her dog busy inside for a few hours.
But what if the dog don’t like peanut butter?

Had a similar situation. Lady calls and screams about bombs going off. Turned out to be the local Light Artillery club.

Can I just add to this thread; yesterday I held a birthday party and had extended family to my place. About 12 or so family here; my neighbor who lives fairly close(75yards) was shooting a myriad of centerfires. Windows in my house are up, and the gun sound was loud but not uncomfortable to the ears. Just loud. 5 or 6 comments were made to me about my neighbors unbelievably loud “big”gun shots and if they do that a lot.... And how they “can’t believe they shoot that close”yadda yadda. I shut up all the crybaby adults real quick by telling them; I love it. Sounds like America. Sounds like freedom to me. The look on their faces. They never commented negative about the gunshots after that and we went about our little bday party without another mention of it.

Last edited:
Had a similar situation decades ago. Neighbors got their spoiled kids two dogs that were very poorly taken care of and would bark all night long outside, causing me to lose sleep. We used to go to dinners and I would remove snow for them, since the kids were too lazy to do it.

Talked to them about it and they said they would do something. They never did, so I just quit doing things with them and for them. You have to ask the question: Are they worth having as friends? Anyone not willing to talk about the situation face to face with you, then go on fb to bitch about, it isn't a friend imho.

I really felt sorry for the dogs as their outdoor quarters were deplorable. They were unwilling to bring the dogs in at night. People that treat animals that way are not worthy of friendship. I figure if people will do that to their pets, they will do worse to you when push comes to shove.

We have a dog that doesn't like the shooting we do, but we don't modify our lives to suit him. He just goes into his dog cave in the house till we're done. It's your property, enjoy it and don't worry about the false friends you will encounter in life.

4 (maybe more) 18" subwoofers playing all day/evening. 75hz on down below 15hz.

Aim it at their house, let it play and go off and have dinner.

Reactions: oneshot86
A little background, the neighbors in question are very nice people, we will have dinner together a couple times a year and see them at neighborhood partys a few more times a year.

They have lived in their home for 30-40 years, we have been in ours for 4 years. We are the new kids so to speak, so we are very accommodating and we generally like to get along with everyone and not make waves when we don’t have to.

But... A few weeks ago I was working up some loads and shooting on and off all day. Maybe 80 rounds over 6-8 hours.

That night my wife shows me a Facebook post where the neighbor lady was complaining that her neighbors were shooting guns all day and terrifying her dog , apparently it was an aweful experience for everyone involved.

So I see her wlking her dog today, I pull over to say hello. She asks if it was me doing all of the shooting. Yes, it was me, then she tells me about scaring her dog, i suggest moving the dog indoors next time i start shooting, she says it doesn’t matter, it still terrifies him. I remind her it is easier to train your dog than your neighbors. We say our good byes.

This is a screenshot of my property and her house. blue dot is my place, yellow x is her place. She is 800 yards away through the woods.
what would you do in this situation while my suppressor is jail?
800 yds.....its her problem, not yours

If you don't want to hear gunfire, don't live in the country! Although, depending on what city you live in, you're gonna hear gunshots anyway :rolleyes:

The problem is the Facebook post. From the way you described the post, I would be concerned about a personality issue in this person and therefore, I would specifically not try to compromise as this tends to reinforce the behavior and make it worse.

If you know you are legal and your shit is tight, I would get the loudest fucking muzzle brake that you can.

In my "neighborhood" everybody shoots. We all apologize for the noise when we run in to each other, and then laugh as though it actually bothers anybody. One time one of my neighbors was working up a load for his 338 win mag. I drove down to the mailbox and ran into his wife. Apparently some local do gooders had decided to come plant extra willows on public land just off our driveway. They jumped every time another round went off. Made us laugh at the mailbox.

Still, it is always better to be nice than to be an asshole. It saves you time and annoyance in the end. That is, if it is possible to be nice.

800 yards and those shots annoy her dog? BS. I frequent a range near me that for the longest time was all by itself until progress approached and they built a housing development. Between the range and the development is a four lane roadway. And nothing else. The closest firing line to the development is a little over 800 yards, shooting away from the development. Well these new city dwellers complains about the long established range and the noise and wanted it shut down. So the county sent out a team to do a noise study and measure the dB levels. The city dwellers were disappointed to learn the dB levels of the roadway traffic right next to those houses was much louder then the gunfire from the range. Gunfire from the range was about as loud as two people having a conversation face to face. So no this lady and her dog are full of BS.

Reactions: demolitionman
Id try the high road first but cover my ass.

Go and introduce yourself IN PERSON to the ranking LEO in the area, chief of police or sheriff. Show him your photo and a copy of the Facebook post. Ask him to come out and inspect your range and invite any of his crew to come shoot with you. Then youre covered.

Next, after the range has been checked and approved, invite the couple over to supper and do your best to smooth the waters, invite them to shoot, or offer a list of best times or tell her you'll call and let her know, and ask nicely that she bring her dog inside.

If that doesnt work, youve done all you can reasonably be expected to do, youve covered your ass, Fuck her and carry on. If she persists on posting on Facebook post back about how youve had the range inspected and she's just being a miserable little Karen.
I'd also add that you should offer to let LE shoot on the property for range quals. or SWAT training. (y)

Reactions: Maggot and Nate60x
I'm gonna go against the grain here somewhat. In my last neighborhood, some tween neighbors kids love to set off fireworks (which was illegal in my neighborhood); they scared the crap out of my dog inside or out, and yes it was a real PITA. I never called the cops, but I was tempted. I do understand the need to develop rounds when reloading - so maybe just to be neighborly you could explain this is something you need to do, it takes to much time and commitment to go to a range and you really shouldn't have to - so maybe offer to come up with a time OK to shoot thats mutually agreeable? Maybe offer to buy the dog a sedative - fast release HTP worked on mine. Just show an attempt to be neighborly & compromise.
Nah, fuck that noise.

My time, my life and my property. If they don't like it, then they can either move or call the cops constantly until they tell her to fuck off.

Doc

My neighbors always complain about my 7.5 inch noisemaker. They swear up and down it “has to be illegal”. Bought a bunch of tannerite just to cover the noise of the shorty going off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: powdahound76