• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEMO .300WM questions

Noles77

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
South carolina
Hey guys,
I have a friend with a nemo .300 and we need a good starting point as to what factory ammo thise systems like best.
We are going to a class soon and he just jumped onboard and hasnt had much time for load tests due to work. Any info on factory ammo thatll do 1moa atleast is greatly appreciated

.....would love to see a 5x5 of that. Preferably on video.
I am in the process of building my new shooting range and I am expecting to be done by August is a monster range I am building down here in FT Bragg NC. Once done you bet I will have video.
I will post a new tread and will start my new video channel whit this subject.

Reactions: roamin
Nemo will tell you to stick with the heavier pills. I was able to get out on the range with them while testing a couple of their other platforms and we were using the 190 FGMM.

Any of you have luck handloading for your NEMO 300 WM. I have had all sorts of issues with my Nemo. After a trip back to Nemo it now cycles with factory ammo but my handloads get stuck in the chamber. I full length size with a RCBS die. I recently purchased a Larry Willis’ collet size die and that seems to Resize the brass closer to factory. Thanks in advance!

Any of you have luck handloading for your NEMO 300 WM. I have had all sorts of issues with my Nemo. After a trip back to Nemo it now cycles with factory ammo but my handloads get stuck in the chamber. I full length size with a RCBS die. I recently purchased a Larry Willis’ collet size die and that seems to Resize the brass closer to factory. Thanks in advance!
my nemo does the same thing sent it back they polished the chamber. still sticks i use the small base dies and the larry willis collet also . it is frustrating to give that much for a rifle and this happens last nemo i buy

Not only do I no believe your claim either. I don't think a Nemo would run with MK248-mod1 ammo. That is some super hot bolt gun ammo, made to be used with a specific reamer.

Around here you have the 5x5 before you make the claim.
Lol specially made MK248-mod1 reamer wait till I show this post to the guys in the arms room oh my I can never get enough from you guys. Lmao

BFA3368B-A47A-4F91-9E03-BBAAC6C4FF1F.jpeg

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
Lol specially made MK248-mod1 reamer wait till I show this post to the guys in the arms room oh my I can never get enough from you guys. Lmao

Yeah I'll be waiting for that 5x5 as well, Lol. I really hate to be negative but I've seen enough Nemo guns over the years to know better. I've never seen one do consistent 1/2 MOA in person, at best maybe 1 MOA but of course the ones that shoot well, typically aren't very reliable. Come to think of it, just about every single student I've seen running a Nemo in all the years I've been teaching, usually walked away from the class grumbling about their Nemo.

As per the OP, HSM seems to be the best bet, I'd be careful running Mk248 Mod anything.

Reactions: grants471
Yeah I'll be waiting for that 5x5 as well, Lol. I really hate to be negative but I've seen enough Nemo guns over the years to know better. I've never seen one do consistent 1/2 MOA in person, at best maybe 1 MOA but of course the ones that shoot well, typically aren't very reliable. Come to think of it, just about every single student I've seen running a Nemo in all the years I've been teaching, usually walked away from the class grumbling about their Nemo.

As per the OP, HSM seems to be the best bet, I'd be careful running Mk248 Mod anything.
Range is coming also my Nemo was sent to them to have the bolt modified by them they would not tell me what they did beside informing me that shooting them suppres and with this ammunition the gas block is not suficiente. When this guns came here to Fort Bragg they where specifically aim to get us to buy into them. At that point they where all tested with thus ammunition and they gathered all the information to make it run with this ammunition. I bought my first Nemo and noticed that straight out the box the bolt will over travel. At that point they told me that I need it to send the rifle back and they will change the bolt and upgrade it to ensure I was running reliable on MK248 I sent them a box to ensure the rifle operated correctly. You can call and speak with their gun smith I don’t recall his name but that’s my .2cent on my rifle. I am station here at Bragg for the last 18 years and any one is welcome to come by and shoot I have a few friends with some nice ranges. By the end of the year I will be in my new property and I will have the time to start posting pictures and shooting the NEMO again. This year since I made the stament I been busy with other projects and building my shop, new house and the range. Soon I will put this statement to rest or my foot in my mouth lol. But I guess also is about shooting skills and fundamentals. Will see. I got this.

Also I apologize for my typos. I can barely speak English lol who’s defending this country non speaking dude lol.

102 yards away. I forgot to bring my shooting bags my breathing was all over the place. I can get this group smaller when I shoot with the bags or from a beanch.
1st target green nemo 2nd target gold nemo and 3rd was the Petra.

Attachments

• ACAFAF84-05C8-4E69-88D8-055E3C53C089.jpeg
    ACAFAF84-05C8-4E69-88D8-055E3C53C089.jpeg
    738 KB · Views: 72
  • EF683CAA-A7CA-4D41-ABFB-54E69F775C5C.jpeg
    EF683CAA-A7CA-4D41-ABFB-54E69F775C5C.jpeg
    722.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 63C8E56B-1837-4BBF-9984-513E26806C6C.jpeg
    63C8E56B-1837-4BBF-9984-513E26806C6C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • 8B5FF55C-4F32-44C7-9299-23007FFDFD1F.jpeg
    8B5FF55C-4F32-44C7-9299-23007FFDFD1F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • AE31E2A8-6CD5-4BA7-B1F6-FA1411D5589C.jpeg
    AE31E2A8-6CD5-4BA7-B1F6-FA1411D5589C.jpeg
    981.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 62A61E85-E179-4D19-9F5D-09A30BBF8F2F.jpeg
    62A61E85-E179-4D19-9F5D-09A30BBF8F2F.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 81
  • A2D11978-20DE-48E2-8A3F-8A15872AA939.jpeg
    A2D11978-20DE-48E2-8A3F-8A15872AA939.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 86
  • D52924B5-EA8D-4AEE-989B-B07ADBBB85CB.jpeg
    D52924B5-EA8D-4AEE-989B-B07ADBBB85CB.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 78
Soon I will have all the steel targets spread out maybe around December. lots of work still ahead. I will have a bench and I will get tighter shot groups.

Attachments

• 0F7ECDB6-93BE-49BC-AD8B-CC29D73F6499.jpeg
    0F7ECDB6-93BE-49BC-AD8B-CC29D73F6499.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 57
  • E7AE6320-F520-49AE-82D7-844FC157287A.jpeg
    E7AE6320-F520-49AE-82D7-844FC157287A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • 48725B27-22DC-4B7D-AEB4-C7775019FF13.jpeg
    48725B27-22DC-4B7D-AEB4-C7775019FF13.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 4DD3DDB5-46AF-4C47-B473-FDA8AF1F5397.jpeg
    4DD3DDB5-46AF-4C47-B473-FDA8AF1F5397.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 9AD213E5-A215-4EA1-B3C2-065AC2350A66.jpeg
    9AD213E5-A215-4EA1-B3C2-065AC2350A66.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • D0665A0B-756D-4CFB-B400-5413135FA627.jpeg
    D0665A0B-756D-4CFB-B400-5413135FA627.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Very nice, which do you prefer, the nemo or the petra?

If nothing else, respect for following through and posting pics. I‘ve never seen those guns run reliably, but maybe you got some good ones.

Thanks for the follow up!

Reactions: Flip#1
Very nice, which do you prefer, the nemo or the petra?
Petra all the way softer shooting and won’t ding the ammunition. I shoot rapid fire 10 shot group and it was really spot on. The top shot out of group was not part of that group. I was testing my new gemtech arrow silencer and I realize it was the wrong target.

Attachments

• 69DE640D-AF59-46FE-995E-C32B9377D4E4.jpeg
    69DE640D-AF59-46FE-995E-C32B9377D4E4.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 461A8C0B-D107-49EE-B120-84FDBCF1D5EF.jpeg
    461A8C0B-D107-49EE-B120-84FDBCF1D5EF.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 34
I have a Nemo Arms rifle and have shot many others and they are 100% reliable and deadly accurate, they might have had some issues a while back but I would take a Nemo Arms rifle over most all other Rifles out there. Quality, Reliability and Accuracy are up there with all the Top Manufactures out there today and I would bet mine would shoot as good or even better than whatever most of you have today. Every Manufactures will have issues time to time but what matters is what they do to fix those problems and Nemo Arms has done a damn good job fixing past issues. Oh one last thing a 5 x 5 doesn't mean shit these days because unless you are right there witnessing it how do you know if it really happened and with the Rifle you are claiming it happened with.

Reactions: Skeetman77
Bought the Watchman just under a year ago, smoking hot price from my dealer made the wallet dump less painful.
Had issues right outta the gate, destroyed brass, numerous FTF and jamming. I was highly pissed, more pissed when I was having problems with them returning emails. Got my dealer involved, phone call within 5 minutes and return authorization emailed within 15 seconds of hanging up.
Weapon's round trip run was 10 days with a shit ton of swag and extra magazines.
Didn't have much time to really shoot a bunch when I got it back, but bought 3 boxes of different manufacturers and the weapon shot perfectly, I didn't care much about accuracy at that point, more just to working on continuing barrel break in.
Prior to hunting season this year I loaded up a pretty standard weaker end go to load that I use of my BAR and one of the bolt guns.
190 Berger, 215 Match, 73gr IMR 4831 and new cheap Winchester cases. (run new and once fired in my semi's, probably hit 5-6 reloads on bolt guns) After spending the money of high end brass that gave exact same results as Winchester, albeit about 2-3 more reloads, I just stopped buying them and they've been shot out of rotation and in scrap bucket.
Shoots perfect, no dented cases, no ejector swipes and sub moa at 100yds.
Ran it over the chrony and pushing 2750-65, rounded up a couple fps.
While I've got a decent VX5hd scope on it for hunting, playing out to 520+ yds was hitting a reasonable kill shot, about 4"-5", but knew I could do better next time, all the humping through the clearing checking the target, taping over holes and second can of go juice had me fidgety and playing knocking over bowling pins got more involved than going for full blown accuracy.
I've carried it a couple full days deer hunting just to get used to it. Needs a friggin handle on it. If there's ANY complaint about the weapon now, except for maybe the butt stock, it's due to being the most uncomfortable and impossible weapon to carry in one hand. I beat brush, can't always shoulder, can't always carry cross body or single point, need to carry in hand while crawling or beating the brush, someone needs to design a handle that flips down and around the scope, which is about where the center balance is..... seriously, that fukr is impossible to carry in my smallish hands.
It shoots fast, you can shoot all day long, I can drop back on target immediately, it doesn't pound your shoulder or crack your neck from recoil. There's really no mag drop, it hangs and you've got to grab it, haven't looked into it, but I'm not going to play woods warrior either.
I was set on buying this weapon before I read all the reviews. Fell into the internet trap of people complaint when shit doesn't work, don't when it does. When I was having first issues on mine and read here and elsewhere, I felt I'd been reamed and just a bit pissed. Sat back, went thru the process, got her fixed/adjusted whatever they did, and happy as hell with her.
I don't shoot comps, reach out a mile and ring steel or think I'm some expert, just an old Army dude that owns a healthy handful of 300WM's and wanted the NEMO for the collection, and for the wife to ask why I'm taking half a dozen 300's Elk hunting. I'll plink out to 800yds if I'm in the area, but I have no intention of buying spendy glass for this.
Now, to start collecting 264 Magnums and spend the next 10 years building up a couple sweet loads.
I have a patient and understanding wife, she knows what I've paid for all of them....

Bought the Watchman just under a year ago, smoking hot price from my dealer made the wallet dump less painful.
Had issues right outta the gate, destroyed brass, numerous FTF and jamming. I was highly pissed, more pissed when I was having problems with them returning emails. Got my dealer involved, phone call within 5 minutes and return authorization emailed within 15 seconds of hanging up.
Weapon's round trip run was 10 days with a shit ton of swag and extra magazines.
Didn't have much time to really shoot a bunch when I got it back, but bought 3 boxes of different manufacturers and the weapon shot perfectly, I didn't care much about accuracy at that point, more just to working on continuing barrel break in.
Prior to hunting season this year I loaded up a pretty standard weaker end go to load that I use of my BAR and one of the bolt guns.
190 Berger, 215 Match, 73gr IMR 4831 and new cheap Winchester cases. (run new and once fired in my semi's, probably hit 5-6 reloads on bolt guns) After spending the money of high end brass that gave exact same results as Winchester, albeit about 2-3 more reloads, I just stopped buying them and they've been shot out of rotation and in scrap bucket.
Shoots perfect, no dented cases, no ejector swipes and sub moa at 100yds.
Ran it over the chrony and pushing 2750-65, rounded up a couple fps.
While I've got a decent VX5hd scope on it for hunting, playing out to 520+ yds was hitting a reasonable kill shot, about 4"-5", but knew I could do better next time, all the humping through the clearing checking the target, taping over holes and second can of go juice had me fidgety and playing knocking over bowling pins got more involved than going for full blown accuracy.
I've carried it a couple full days deer hunting just to get used to it. Needs a friggin handle on it. If there's ANY complaint about the weapon now, except for maybe the butt stock, it's due to being the most uncomfortable and impossible weapon to carry in one hand. I beat brush, can't always shoulder, can't always carry cross body or single point, need to carry in hand while crawling or beating the brush, someone needs to design a handle that flips down and around the scope, which is about where the center balance is..... seriously, that fukr is impossible to carry in my smallish hands.
It shoots fast, you can shoot all day long, I can drop back on target immediately, it doesn't pound your shoulder or crack your neck from recoil. There's really no mag drop, it hangs and you've got to grab it, haven't looked into it, but I'm not going to play woods warrior either.
I was set on buying this weapon before I read all the reviews. Fell into the internet trap of people complaint when shit doesn't work, don't when it does. When I was having first issues on mine and read here and elsewhere, I felt I'd been reamed and just a bit pissed. Sat back, went thru the process, got her fixed/adjusted whatever they did, and happy as hell with her.
I don't shoot comps, reach out a mile and ring steel or think I'm some expert, just an old Army dude that owns a healthy handful of 300WM's and wanted the NEMO for the collection, and for the wife to ask why I'm taking half a dozen 300's Elk hunting. I'll plink out to 800yds if I'm in the area, but I have no intention of buying spendy glass for this.
Now, to start collecting 264 Magnums and spend the next 10 years building up a couple sweet loads.
I have a patient and understanding wife, she knows what I've paid for all of them....
That’s good to hear that you are happy with your nemo. I see a lot of people hating the rifle. But the first time I shot one I felt in love with the gun and I have to have a second one. But I made the mistake of buying another 16 inch. Then I realize that I am shooting a magnum cartridge at 308 speed and that pushed me to buy the Petra with 22 inch barrel. But I am extremely happy with both of my Nemo.

That’s good to hear that you are happy with your nemo. I see a lot of people hating the rifle. But the first time I shot one I felt in love with the gun and I have to have a second one. But I made the mistake of buying another 16 inch. Then I realize that I am shooting a magnum cartridge at 308 speed and that pushed me to buy the Petra with 22 inch barrel. But I am extremely happy with both of my Nemo.
I had actually talked to the guys at Petra. One of the things that sold me on the Nemo was the negative opinion I heard from him about Nemo. Complete opposite with Nemo, they said Petra was a good rifle, heard all about designer moving from designing Nemo and going to make Petra's. Guy at Nemo didn't slam Petra and bluntly stated Petra was a good weapon but he believes the Nemo design was better and that it comes down to personal choice in design and what I felt comfortable with, pick the one I liked and if I wanted to make the 4 hour drive to test ride any of their weapons I was more than welcomed and he'd set me up with any of the 300's I wanted to try.
Petra guy slammed Nemo. I don't respect that from anyone or any company. I understand the money making point, but I still roll with respect for integrity and blunt honesty.
I was actually on the fence for the Recon. I beat a lot of brush and wanted something shorter, but then figured I also wanted something that held a bit more velocity and ability to reach out further if I wanted to.
I have more than enough 300's now, and really only use 3 of them for hunting anyway, so no more 300's in my future means no Recon. With the Nemo, I'm finding I'm no longer dragging the BAR outta the safe to play and bouncing the idea of butchering and shortening the barrel on her, although maybe I should just look into a Recon upper. Probably means another trip to the manufacturer though...... really hate messing around with something that works.

Reactions: N-C
I had actually talked to the guys at Petra. One of the things that sold me on the Nemo was the negative opinion I heard from him about Nemo. Complete opposite with Nemo, they said Petra was a good rifle, heard all about designer moving from designing Nemo and going to make Petra's. Guy at Nemo didn't slam Petra and bluntly stated Petra was a good weapon but he believes the Nemo design was better and that it comes down to personal choice in design and what I felt comfortable with, pick the one I liked and if I wanted to make the 4 hour drive to test ride any of their weapons I was more than welcomed and he'd set me up with any of the 300's I wanted to try.
Petra guy slammed Nemo. I don't respect that from anyone or any company. I understand the money making point, but I still roll with respect for integrity and blunt honesty.
I was actually on the fence for the Recon. I beat a lot of brush and wanted something shorter, but then figured I also wanted something that held a bit more velocity and ability to reach out further if I wanted to.
I have more than enough 300's now, and really only use 3 of them for hunting anyway, so no more 300's in my future means no Recon. With the Nemo, I'm finding I'm no longer dragging the BAR outta the safe to play and bouncing the idea of butchering and shortening the barrel on her, although maybe I should just look into a Recon upper. Probably means another trip to the manufacturer though...... really hate messing around with something that works.
Well I have two recons and one Petra and i cannot tell which of the two has more recoil Petra or recon both are superb actually my M110 kicks more than the two they did a superb job on recoil management. Knights SR-25 they kick compare to this 300

Attachments

• 0414084A-C9AD-4160-A05D-0C24368CC8BD.jpeg
    0414084A-C9AD-4160-A05D-0C24368CC8BD.jpeg
    756 KB · Views: 41
FWIW - Nemo Arms was at Modern Day Marine Range Days this year and I had a chance to fire a suppressed Omen, and I believe it was the 18" Recon. They had to get approval from range control for the 300WM, so it wasn't out on the first day when I was firing the Dakkar. I was the first to fire the rifle on day two, sighted it and then put several mags through it with no issues. They were using 190gr FGMM and I was easily hitting 4" clays at 635y. I broke all they clays they put out and we resorted to shooting the pieces. I stayed on the line for several hours and watched person after person shoot the Omen with no stoppages noted. The double buffer system made the 300 feel like I was shooting my 260 gasser, it was that smooth. I almost decided to buy one, but being high drag, low speed, I'm not sure what I'd do with a 300WM. I understand this is anecdotal, but I thought I'd throw it out.

Attachments

• IMG_8823.JPG
    IMG_8823.JPG
    688.2 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Flip#1