• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEMO Omen

I personally shot them, loved them and now waiting for delivery for me personally. I tested these rifles with several agency snipers and all responses were nothing but fantastic. Awesome rifle, great people to deal with and if your LE/Military and want one, give me a call. They have great LE/ Military pricing and even better Agency pricing.

First of all - We are not experienced long range shooters. This is new & really enjoying the learning curve. I have shot hand guns & small bore rifles all my life. The girls that work with me have some firearm experience. I bought an Omen back in Dec '13 through Best of the West. They sponsor us in a cross promotional capacity. I wanted their glass so they became a Nemo dealer because I really wanted an Omen. I had them hold on to it until June cuz we were attending their long range school (We had a blast & learned a lot). In that time they did load development for ammo for this rifle specifically. It is available for purchase. Ask for Latt - 307-250-4763. In that time they sent it back several times because Nemo has been upgrading the rifle over the last 6 months. They took a lot of risk to develop a new rifle so don't be too hard on them. They are constantly improving it. They turned my first generation rifle into the 2.0 FOR FREE! BTW said the service was exceptional. The gun performed beautifully. Recoil was minimal. The girls felt like they could shoot it all day. Both girls hit an 8" target at 1000 yards on the second try. I hit on first shot. We're beginners remember. It was fun as hell. We warmed up at 550 & 740 yards with a .308 Ar I built & one of the Best of the West custom 7mm mag bolt rifles ( really nice). So to sit down behind that Omen & hit that distance on the 2nd try says a lot about the rifle & the Huskemaw scope in my opinion. .The price is high but cool shit isn't cheap. The gun world is in a boom & it's supply & demand. It comes with a really nice gun bag/case. The grip has no butt cap which I thought was odd. For those of you that live in states requiring 10 rnd mags- all of their mags say"14". The way to tell the difference between the two - 10rnders have an orange button on the base & 14rnders have a black button. The orange retainer underneath the base plate has a piece extending upwards to only allow the 10 rounds. That might be knowledge worth having if you get hassled by LE. Nemo just came out with a newer version that weighs less than 10 lbs. If you own one do not tell Nemo that you shoot reloads through it. They say that only factory ammo keeps your barrel under warranty. The Best of the West ammo is considered "factory". I've been reloading for years & won't let the warranty stop me from doing so. Any way - love the gun!

Yeah, Well he is full of BS, my rifle was test fired with with 1 round by NEMO, no target was provided and the round used to test was a PPU So I am crying BS on that statement. And here is more proof:

Need I say more.

Well then I would suggest you contact nemo and get it corrected instead of complaining on an anonymous message board.

In that time they sent it back several times because Nemo has been upgrading the rifle over the last 6 months.

Mine has been sent back twice and it still does not function properly. At this point I am tired of sending it back and I am debating it's future in my possession. I get the point of not being too hard on them for taking the chance and building a new platform but I do have a problem with paying 5K for a gun that was not ready for prime time and IMHO still is not ready.

In NEMO's defense I will say they have been nothing but fantastic with their service but to their discredit, I will say the platform still has a lot of flaws and is still not ready for prime time. I rate its reliability a 2 out of 10. It does shoot 190 grain factory ammo *OK* with the new adjustable gas block when the bullets are seated to SAMMI specs but it does not like the MK248 ammo at 3.5" COAL and that is supposedly what it was built for.

If you are a precision hand loader, you are going to hate this rifle because it destroys brass. It also destroys meplats when chambering a round so accuracy is not reliable unless you hand feed it. Don't expect to do with an OMEN what you do with a bolt rifle because it just aint gonna happen. I have about 500 AP M2 bullets I pulled from old surplus 30-06 rounds when I wanted the 06 brass and I figured I'd load them up in 300 WM cases and use them for punching some serious holes in steel at 3400 fps.. the tips of those bullets are not going to get screwed up... and that is honestly the best use I can think of for those AP's because any soft tipped hollow point just gets bent to shit getting slammed against the feed ramp.

I'll say it again, they guys at NEMO have been fantastic nd I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are first class all the way but their rifle gets a D- grade for functionality and reliability with ammo loaded to either of the MK248 specs. I give it a C Grade with factory ammo as FTF are common. The rifle gets an F when it comes to brass wear and minimal damage to the round when chambering. I thoroughly regret this purchase.

Well then I would suggest you contact nemo and get it corrected instead of complaining on an anonymous message board.

I'll complain about it all I want and if you don't like it, you can kiss my ass.

RHunter, I stopped reading anything you posted about 1/2way through this thread.

I bought a new Ruger SR762 a month ago, found out the rifle was manufactured May 2013.
I called Ruger, they setup an RMA and sent me a new rifle. Had it in 2 weeks.

You have expressed your disappointment, now, have the company RMA the product for repair.
Then, shoot it, post pics and give us a report (please).

Last edited:
RHunter, I stopped reading anything you posted about 1/2way through this thread.

I bought a new Ruger SR762 a month ago, found out the rifle was manufactured May 2013.
I called Ruger, they setup an RMA and sent me a new rifle. Had it in 2 weeks.

You have expressed your disappointment, now, have the company RMA the product for repair.
Then, shoot it, post pics and give us a report (please).

You should have kept reading and read the post I made just above yours. I'll quote it here so you get it in your email box.

P.S. This thread was started about 8 months ago and someone decided to resurrect it so a lot has transpired since my original posts.

Mine has been sent back twice and it still does not function properly. At this point I am tired of sending it back and I am debating it's future in my possession. I get the point of not being too hard on them for taking the chance and building a new platform but I do have a problem with paying 5K for a gun that was not ready for prime time and IMHO still is not ready.

In NEMO's defense I will say they have been nothing but fantastic with their service but to their discredit, I will say the platform still has a lot of flaws and is still not ready for prime time. I rate its reliability a 2 out of 10. It does shoot 190 grain factory ammo *OK* with the new adjustable gas block when the bullets are seated to SAMMI specs but it does not like the MK248 ammo at 3.5" COAL and that is supposedly what it was built for.

If you are a precision hand loader, you are going to hate this rifle because it destroys brass. It also destroys meplats when chambering a round so accuracy is not reliable unless you hand feed it. Don't expect to do with an OMEN what you do with a bolt rifle because it just aint gonna happen. I have about 500 AP M2 bullets I pulled from old surplus 30-06 rounds when I wanted the 06 brass and I figured I'd load them up in 300 WM cases and use them for punching some serious holes in steel at 3400 fps.. the tips of those bullets are not going to get screwed up... and that is honestly the best use I can think of for those AP's because any soft tipped hollow point just gets bent to shit getting slammed against the feed ramp.

I'll say it again, they guys at NEMO have been fantastic and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are first class all the way but their rifle gets a D- grade for functionality and reliability with ammo loaded to either of the MK248 specs. I give it a C Grade with factory ammo as FTF are common. The rifle gets an F when it comes to brass wear and minimal damage to the round when chambering. I thoroughly regret this purchase.

There is a difference how a small company and a big company does things. This is a 5K rifle the manufacturer has tried to fix twice.

The problem is not specific to my rifle, it is specific to all of the first gen OMEN's. The design simply was not ready for prime time.

[MENTION=89931]RHunter[/MENTION],
Ah, didn't notice that it was an old thread.
If you have sent it back twice, haven't they done a complete overhaul on that rifle?
I would expect a small company to be even more customer service focused as consumer confidence is even more important to them than a large company.
Good luck.

If you have sent it back twice, haven't they done a complete overhaul on that rifle?

Two new barrels and an adjustable gas block and it still has issues.

That being said, I did hear from them today (They contacted me, maybe saw the thread) and want me to send the upper back to have the chamber reamed to fix my latest issue.

I will say this, their customer service is outstanding, I do hope hey get the design flaws worked out. They certainly seem to have had a rough start. It would be nice to have one of these that worked flawlessly.

RHunter I think at this point they should exchange your rifle for a new one instead of continuing to try and fix what is obviously a lemon.