• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nemo Omen

Maintain Vigilance

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2011
Good afternoon, my wife recently came home with a used omen 300wm because it was a gun I wanted at one point. I live in a non AR friendly state so they aren’t seen very often let alone come up for sale. I’ve been searching around and have come up on a lot of omens for sale, and Nemo made you tube videos but not much of info from the shooters.
this is an older version with a 22” 1:8” twist barrel and non adjustable gas block. I spoke with Nemo about upgrading the gas system and it’s about 800 bucks. I plain on loading my own 215h hybrids with h1000 because that’s what I have on hand for my bolt gun.
I’m just looking for general feedback and load data from anyone who has any first hand experience with the older Omens 2014-2016

Last edited:
Reactions: JS8588
You may want try a faster powder for a gas gun. Sometimes the slower powders are too slow for the gas system, resulting in incomplete burning of the charge, as well as, other signs of over-pressure that you may not see in a bolt gun.

You may want try a faster powder for a gas gun. Sometimes the slower powders are too slow for the gas system, resulting in incomplete burning of the charge, as well as, other signs of over-pressure that you may not see in a bolt gun.
thanks , I’ll start looking into it. I emailed Nemo about it today and they gave me the legally safe answer. What burn rates do should I be looking at h4831sc? With it being a 1:8 I’d like to run 215/230s

Last edited:
I don't have the experience to say. With a fixed gas block, you may be looking at a narrow load range. I'd follow Nemo's lead.

I've got the Falkor 300winmag and it has an adjustable gas key on the bolt. You can get the adjustable gas key from Rubber City Armory. I started at 75 grains h1000 with the 215 bergers and worked up from there. I was over 2800fps with my 22inch barrel. I have since switched to RL26 for more velocity. Currently have a 20 inch proof carbon 1:10 on it. Make sure you use good fundamentals, hold firm into shoulder and get straight behind inline with rifle, to follow through/absorb recoil.

I don’t know why the photo didn’t attach. Years ago I had an opportunity to buy the first Oman, I was torn between a bolt gun and the omen, obviously I went with the savage first, put 1500 or so rounds though it the first year I had it, I tell everyone it’s just a savage but it shoots very good. I have a 338Lap two 260rems and a custom 6.5SS in the work. Having the Nemo now rounds out the long range collect.
I’ve been searching for a few days and I’ve found some good starting info. Once I get the mount for the mark5 and some fresh brass I’ll start with the load work
A419200A-C4E3-4D5D-AF16-A959449F995C.jpeg

I've got the Falkor 300winmag and it has an adjustable gas key on the bolt. You can get the adjustable gas key from Rubber City Armory. I started at 75 grains h1000 with the 215 bergers and worked up from there. I was over 2800fps with my 22inch barrel. I have since switched to RL26 for more velocity. Currently have a 20 inch proof carbon 1:10 on it. Make sure you use good fundamentals, hold firm into shoulder and get straight behind inline with rifle, to follow through/absorb recoil.
Thanks for the info, I shoot my 13 lb 300wm bolt gun with out a brake. I put one round thought the gas gun to get some fired case measurements... it’s barks a lot louder then it kicks

I owned an older recon and it would beat the brass up so bad it was hard to reload for.

I owned an older recon and it would beat the brass up so bad it was hard to reload for.
Im not planning on reloading for it, only
Loading my own rounds from virgin brass. Using hornady brass it’s 1.90 a shot vs 3.50 or more for factory loads, if you can even find them.

literally waiting on pay day to finance the Omen lol, haven't been this in love since discovering the back blast of an Abrams. Watchman, Recon, or Match 3.0...…..decisions decisions

If you're willing to commit to Peterson, they have a bulk box of 250 here:

For some reason they won’t ship brass to mass. Which doesn’t make sense because I’ve ordered bullets from them before.