• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nemo Omen

Again, get the gun fixed so that it will at least chamber factory ammo properly. We can all guess about your reloads until the end of time but nothing will get FIXED until you have a sound testing platform.

Reactions: bigjake83
Nemo specifically only recommends 190gr federal gold medal match or black hills ammo. They don't recommend anything else and the gas blocks can be tricky with anything else.
I have a falkor petra which is similar and I never had a problem but only use federal gold medal.

The whole concept of owning a firearm that isn't reloader friendly it's just crazy.

Nemo specifically only recommends 190gr federal gold medal match or black hills ammo. They don't recommend anything else and the gas blocks can be tricky with anything else.
I have a falkor petra which is similar and I never had a problem but only use federal gold medal.
tenor.gif

The whole concept of owning a firearm that isn't reloader friendly it's just crazy.
I think a 21% increase over max pill weight, by the manufacturer, farts in your general direction.
And it doesn't take the integral f(x) by separation of parts to figure that out...
just the Owner's Manual.
I do understand the gist of your reply and am on your side.

I think a 21% increase over max pill weight, by the manufacturer, farts in your general direction.
I think that is the root cause of all the issues. With the heavy pill the gun is way over-gassed with a high port pressure. The brass is still expanded slightly and sticking to the chamber walls leading to poor extraction/ripping off rims because it's so overgassed.

It's the same reason you should shoot anything over a 168 grn in a Garand without an adjustable gas block. The over pressure beats the shit out of the bolt, receiver and op-rod with all the slamming.

I think that is the root cause of all the issues. With the heavy pill the gun is way over-gassed with a high port pressure. The brass is still expanded slightly and sticking to the chamber walls leading to poor extraction/ripping off rims because it's so overgassed.

It's the same reason you should shoot anything over a 168 grn in a Garand without an adjustable gas block. The over pressure beats the shit out of the bolt, receiver and op-rod with all the slamming.
What about a heavier bullet makes it over pressure?

BULLET WEIGHT
190 GR. HDY BTSP

Starting LoadMaximum Loads
ManufacturerPowderBullet Diam.C.O.LGrs.Vel. (ft/s)PressureGrs.Vel. (ft/s)Pressure
HodgdonH1000BUY NOW0.308"3.340"76.02,82244,900 CUP81.0C2,99052,800 CUP
HodgdonH4350BUY NOW0.308"3.340"63.02,73546,600 CUP67.02,86353,400 CUP
HodgdonH4831BUY NOW0.308"3.340"69.02,79548,400 CUP73.0C2,92353,600 CUP
HodgdonHybrid 100VBUY NOW0.308"3.340"63.52,81156,200 PSI67.52,93362,800 PSI

Start from 74gr or 76gr with H1000?
With a FX-120i and that milk in a bag buyer's dispenser{AutoTrickler}, I'd be reloading.
Yes, against the Manufacturer's statement.

What about a heavier bullet makes it over pressure?
It's a rule of thumb rather than an absolute statement. The real factor is the pressure profile from the time the bullet passes passes the gas port to the time it exits the barrel. Heavier bullets tend to move slower while having a port pressure very similar to the lighter bullets in many cases.

That short amount of extra time allows more gas into the gas system which gives it more kinetic energy. Strictly speaking it isn't really overpressure per se, but over-gassed. The terms get used interchangeably when talking about gas operated guns, for good or bad.

It's a complex issue that depends on where powder burnout occurs in the barrel, powder burn rate, pressure at the port when the bullet passes and the pressure decay profile.

In the Garand case the rule is to use less gas with an adjustable gas block to reduce the total volume of gas introduced into the cylinder the op rod rides in.

Edited to add, the port pressures can be as high as 15,000 - 20,000 PSI, so a lot of gas can be pushed in a very short space of time.

Last edited:
That's a 338 Lap Mag, not a 300 WM

And I'm not saying what anybody's "Max load" should be.

What I am saying is that when doing load development for a semi-auto, especially a 300 WM you should start two full grains under the lowest published load which should be around 68 grains.
I know that My Precious is 338 LM.
I still meet Chris and Skip every so often and have over the last 2 decades. I'm 12 min from the company and Chris does work for mine.
I was poking the ribs with a sharp stick. The DRD Kivaari® pushes very, very, very, close to middle-of-the-road bolt loads with ease.
Seems like the 300 WM cartridge is mighty particular in a gasser. I've got no problem with that because I never considered it
as an option in a bolt gun, for my needs.
If 6.5CM can't handle it, I'm going 338LM. If'n the 338LM is lacking, I'm loaning my neighbor's family out to my buddy for his 375 CheyTac.
If'n that ain't happening, I'm going Sunoco 93 RecFuel and Tide Powder Detergent in Ziploc bags with a ghillie suit.

I love my Nemo 300 win mag I went through some issues with it as well.. it has to shoot 190grn or higher and less then 3000fps notch the gas block on three and you should workout all those issues.. also use frog lube and not clp it likes the thicker lube for some reason

Their reply.

It looks like we replaced your charging handle, tightened up your butt pad as it was falling off. We were able to recreate your issue and replaced your carrier extension spring which seemed to fix the issue. We shot federal 165grn and Hornady 178grn through your rifle on setting 3 and we had great ejection. We cleaned your rifle and lubed your bcg. Just a reminder please do not use ammo that is blowing primers, switch ammo if you can otherwise it cause additional issues. We also included a new magazine for you to try out as well.

I have not had time to work it out. Still will not fire Winchester 170gn but worked from 68gn H1000 up to 69gn with 220 gn Berger. It did better at 68.5 to 69 still with some ejection problems.

Reactions: Northman623
Their reply.

It looks like we replaced your charging handle, tightened up your butt pad as it was falling off. We were able to recreate your issue and replaced your carrier extension spring which seemed to fix the issue. We shot federal 165grn and Hornady 178grn through your rifle on setting 3 and we had great ejection. We cleaned your rifle and lubed your bcg. Just a reminder please do not use ammo that is blowing primers, switch ammo if you can otherwise it cause additional issues. We also included a new magazine for you to try out as well.

I have not had time to work it out. Still will not fire Winchester 170gn but worked from 68gn H1000 up to 69gn with 220 gn Berger. It did better at 68.5 to 69 still with some ejection problems.
Hi Frank, any new news on how the rifle is running now?