• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nephew needs prayers

pcschwenke

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Northern Michigan
My 15 year old nephew Tyler suffered a massive stroke on Wednesday. He's currently at the University of Michigan Children's Hospital in ICU. He's unable to move his left side of his body and the doctors still do not know why it happened or how they can prevent it from happening again. He's a great kid and loves to shoot with his family. Grandpa is HUGE into the shooting sports earning a distinguished in rifle & pistol at Camp Perry. The kids get a Red rider BB Gun on their 1st Christmas and at the age of 5 get a cricket 22 with scope. I normally would ask for this but, this is all I can do at this time. My wife's been by his side since Thursday.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited:
I'll be praying and will ask the local priest to as well - about time for me to get to confession anyways. I am always sad to hear anything happen to children. Keep us posted on how he's doing, and if you get the chance to talk to him, let him know there are a lot of people that are thinking of him and want him to get better.

Prayers up for Tyler...may he have a complete and speedy recovery!! May God be with him, as well as you and your family, during this difficult time.

I'll let him know many others are praying for him! The doctor have changed his meds to help with the swelling in his head and with the headaches. They say there's some improvement but it will be a long rode.... I never imagined this would happen to someone so young.

Darn phone seems to add its own words sometimes...

Last edited:
Prayers sent.

One thing he has in his corner is he's at the BEST hospital in the world.

Goodness, as a dad to two young boys, I wish nothing more than a recovery. What a tragedy!

Thank you for all the prayers! He was lucky to be airlifted to U of M so quickly. They have been awesome in all regards with Tyler and his family. One of his best friends and family drove 9 hrs to spend the weekend with him. My wife said he was smiling and laughed, which is a great sign. Still no reasons of why this happened. They may move him to a stroke recovery floor tomorrow. Prayers are working!

The best thing in his favor is..his youth..thus he has the best chance to achieve an optimal recovery. Best wishes.

That and some very skilled (and often under-appreciated) medical personnel :)

Prayers sent for speedy recovery - hope Tyler keeps smiling, laughing and progressing

After reading this I took time and said s prayer for Tyler and the family. I will continue prayer for his recovery. Keep us updated on his progress.

Prayers sent. The human body is a funny thing some times. I dearly hope he has a speedy and complete recovery.

The doctors had Tyler stand some today 20 seconds at a time. Any movement for him seems like a marathon. He's able to somewhat move his left leg and arm. Any improvement is awesome. His back and neck hurt which could be from being in a bed for so long. He wants to go home and I don't blame him. I'm planning to make a run down on Wednesday to see him and pick up my wife. I'll let him know about the Hide's great group of people.

Tyler was moved from ICU to a stroke recovery floor a few minutes ago. He suppose to start rehab tomorrow. The doctors think fiberous(sp) tissue on his corotid artery is what caused the problem. They do not plan to remove it. Aspirin therapy is supposed to be the long term solution. Hopefully they are right. He has a lot of people praying or him, which I'm very thankful for. I'll keep updating.

Tyler is continuing to recover from him stroke at the University of Michigan Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor. I saw him for the first time since his stroke this past Thursday and it was sad to see him in the Hospital bed... He spent most of his time that day sleeping. Since then, the U of M therapists have really been pushing with speech, PT, & OT. He's now starting to walk without parallel bars! Although he doesn't have much movement in his leg, the therapists have trained him well. The muscles in his face are also starting to come back slowly. He seems to be in great spirits although his arm isn't moving yet. They say that the arm is usually the last part that comes back. I gave him some encouragement with 1000 rnds of paint balls, holder, and paint grenade! The U of M staff and the Ronald McDonald house have been truly a blessing to our family. After my wife and I left there was a free pizza party sponsored by Delta Airlines and the athletes came in to see the kids. What a great motivator! Thanks for all your prayers and please keep it up! Paul