• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nesika Tactical 338 LM vs Sako TRG 42

Hewie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2013
Western Australia
G'day All,

I'm hoping to get a bit of feedback/info/insights on the Nesika Tactical Rifle in 338LM please.

I'm currently looking at a new 338 and was pretty set on a Sako Trg 42, but while I was at a dealers today they had a new Nesika Tactical in 338.

Nesika is a relatively new brand in Australia with only two of these rifles being brought in so far..... Apparently, but this means no one has one to try out.

So I was wondering if anyone could give some insight into them please, how accurate they are and how they shoot.

The Nesika would also work out about $2300 cheaper than a Sako ($6300 for a Nesika vs $8600 for a Sako) so it's worth considering if they are comparable is quality and capability.

Thanks for you help

Regards

H

Nesika has a great name, but I might stick with a TRG. More money, but it's a proven weapon. Lots of guys on here talk very favorably of their TRG's. I had a green 338LM TRG I would've kept if I was right handed.

Cheers mate.

That's what I was thinking, all the guys that I know that have Sakos, love them. But they are a $8500 crate gun down here without mags, mounts, rail and scope so it's $10k exercise easily :( and there's a 12 month wait list on them ATM, just to add insult to injury.

I just thought if the Nesika was a viable competitor I might consider it and save myself a bit of cash, and be able to get one sooner.

I was hoping to get some first hand experience from some shooters on how they perform.

Cheers

H

I just have no experience with the Nesika but the Sako TRG 42 is an amazingly accurate and well made rifle. I have absolutely no complaints with it. Not knowing about the Nesika I can not talk about it.

Not sure about sako price at $8000+. Check out euro optic. I think that will help your decision on trg42.

Hewie check with delta tactical in melb they can bring them in at less than your stated price im pretty sure.

WA. Good fucking luck mate.
Be sure to check all regs over there.
There got the state locked up tighter then a nun.

Yeah, don't like your chances of owning a 338 Lapua in WA! And you can definitely buy a Sako TRG 42 for less than $8.5K
Shop around, after you move state, lol