• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Nevada Antelope Tag

Orkboy59

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Nevada just released big game tags for this season. I picked up a tag for units 132 - 134, 245. This is the first antelope tag I have ever drawn.

Any tips for a successful hunt?

Thanks!!

Conan

Nevada just released big game tags for this season. I picked up a tag for units 132 - 134, 245. This is the first antelope tag I have ever drawn.

Any tips for a successful hunt?

Thanks!!

Conan
Drive around on dirt roads till you spot them. It’s pretty much a truck hunt.

They will be pushed around in the valleys by other hunters. So try to get away from people.

Reactions: Orkboy59
I'm not familiar with your zones, I've shot 2 bucks and 2 horns shorter than ears out of 031. If there are alfalfa fields, check around them as the antelope love to munch on alfalfa. Most landowners, at least in 031, will give you permission to take a goat off their land.

Otherwise hang around the edges. Go opening morning because something like 80% of the antelope harvested happens in opening weekend. After that they are super weary of any vehicle. All you'll see is a trail of dust going away out at 1000 yards or so.

Don't shoot the first one you see. Look over as many as you possibly can, then try to take the best one. Like @broke_again said it's pretty much a truck hunt, low pressure and fun. Stay in the glass.

That is a great tag, congrats! Some way cool country down there and holds some 80” plus goats too. Good luck