• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Never seen this before...

Calfed

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
Shot the Vintage military silhouette match today. Was walking over to reset the pigs I had hit and noticed this. The shooter next to me had hit the pig right on the butt and spun it 90 degrees. It ended up balanced on the front leg and did not fall over. No score!

Fu2ltzG.jpg

2MPFEG6.jpg

I've seen it a few times in matches. A friend of mine spun one sideways in a lever gun match and shot it and knocked it off with his next shot.

Reactions: Calfed
That one is a heartbreaker for sure, perfectly balanced! Had a couple simular targets last couple years in smallbore but none on one foot.

Attachments

• 6EC0C764-BE61-408A-891C-51704AFFFB42.jpeg
    6EC0C764-BE61-408A-891C-51704AFFFB42.jpeg
    576.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Reactions: KZP and Calfed
I've seen it a few times in matches. A friend of mine spun one sideways in a lever gun match and shot it and knocked it off with his next shot.
That's impressive. What was the distance?

I've seen a chicken or two and a few turkey's spun by a round and stay up...but never a pig.

The shooter next to me had hit the pig right on the butt and spun it 90 degrees. It ended up balanced on the front leg and did not fall over. No score!
Must have been a feral pig, I heard they are a bit feisty...

Reactions: Calfed
It was the 100 meter pigs. We all got quite a laugh out of it.
We were shooting the pigs at 300M. Guy was using a Swedish Mauser. You can see the mark right at the edge of the butt.